Install Cacti (Network Monitoring) on RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x and Fedora 24-12

3. Use our Linode referral link if you plan to buy VPS (it starts at only $10/month).
  4. Support us via PayPal donate - Make a Donation

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. karim says:

Hi, Ravi

I followed step by step for centos7 and when i go to http://YOUR-IP-HERE/cacti/
    I have this message : You don’t have permission to access /cacti/ on this server.

Why ? how can i resolve it ?

2. karim says:

Hi, i am from Paris and i followed your tutorial, i have this error at this step ;

mysql -u cacti -p cacti < /usr/share/doc/cacti-0.8.8b/cacti.sql

Enter password: (what is the password ???)

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'cacti'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Could you help me ? I use CentOS 7.2

• Paul says:

I have the same error. I think it has something to do with the way the guide sets the username compared to the default username but I can’t figure it out.

3. shantanu says:

I have configured cacti. It was asking for the login details as well but at the password change page it is showing below error:

“The requested URL /auth_changepassword.php was not found on this server.”

Please suggest.

4. Aun Ali says:

Dear Ravi,
    Thanks for your support , one more thing ..it seems to be a time mismatch in cacti time range..i have edited RTC to local timezone but still my graphs are not showing on current timings instead they are shown with a differnce of 5 hours. My timezone is Asia/Karachi

5. Aun Ali says:

Dear Ravi,

Hope you are fine. I have installed cacti as per your guide and I have then added Localhost in devices and template of load average, I am getting NAN value in graphs, should i wait for 24 hours to get it to poll ??

I have disabled SElinux and run this command as you told (php /usr/share/cacti/poller.php), I hope for your usual support..

@Aun,

Yes, I am find, hope you too as well, yes you should wait at least 24 hours after running poller.php script to gather data and generate report using graphs..

6. Aun Ali says:

Hi Ravi,

I get Http Error 500 when i go http://serverip/cacti…please help

@Aun,

It seems your Cacti installation was not successful, I suggest you to follow instructions carefully and step-by-step to avoid any issues..

7. pranil more says:

Please provide configure guide in network monitor tool for cacti.

8. Ali Cuesta says:

Assalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh​.

Dear Ravi,

I really appreciated your effort doing this. I have only one problem encountered which is [ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND] /usr/share/cacti/log/cacti.log.
    Would you please advise if I have to create manually the cacti.log file. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
    Ali

9. Cvaa says:

I have been trying to install cacti monitoring tools for one of our internal server, unforfunalty im facing this issue while the installation process going on..

Step: Install Cacti Tables to MySQL

# /usr/share/doc/cacti-0.8.8b/cacti.sql

[root@localhost ~]# mysql -u cacti -p cacti < /usr/share/doc/cacti-0.8.8b/ cacti.sql
    -bash: /usr/share/doc/cacti-0.8.8b/: No such file or directory

What could be the issue for the above step?

@Cvaa,

The error is self explanatory, the file cacti.sql doesn’t exist on the specified location, do you see the file under /usr/share/doc/cacti-0.8.8b/ directory?

10. Chris Led says:

Ravi,

Can you ping me offline to discuss the issue I am having?