LFCE: Installing Network Services and Configuring Automatic Startup at Boot – Part 1

3. Use our Hosting referral link if you planning to start your blog ($3.82/month).
  4. Support us via PayPal donate - Make a Donation

Gabriel Cánepa

Gabriel Cánepa is a GNU/Linux sysadmin and web developer from Villa Mercedes, San Luis, Argentina. He works for a worldwide leading consumer product company and takes great pleasure in using FOSS tools to increase productivity in all areas of his daily work.

1. birdman says:

Thanks Gabriel, I’m also preparing for LFCE and your site is really helping me out here. Also, I found that the squid package for ubuntu is called squid3, so please your article. I see you are using aptitude (which suggests the correct package if the provided one is not found) but you should use the proper one. see example:

aptitude -s install squid
    Couldn’t find package “squid”. However, the following
    packages contain “squid” in their name:
    squid-langpack squid3-common squid3 squid-deb-proxy squid3-dbg

2. Good evening! I’m from Brazil and I passed the exam with 89%. Your posts were extremely important so that I could pass the test ( LFCS – ID – 1400-0164-0100 ) . Now, i’ll start the LFCE studies . Thanks so much !!!!

• @henrique,
      You can’t imagine how glad I am to hear that! And thanks for taking the time to comment on this post and even for including your LFCS Certification ID for other people to check.
      Good luck with the LFCE certification!

3. Fernando says:

Hello! Very good tutorials your . Consultation, you got in Spanish ? Or only in English ?

Fernando

@Fernando,
      Only in English…

• @Fernando,
      Tal como lo dijo Ravi, por el momento estos tutoriales solamente están disponibles en inglés. De todas formas, si necesitás ayuda con algo, y si puedo darte una mano al menos para salir del paso con algo que no te quede claro en inglés, mandame un mail a gacanepa[arroba]gmail[punto]com y trataré de ayudarte.
      Saludos cordiales,
      Gabriel

English Version
      ——————
      Fernando ,
      As Ravi said , by the time these tutorials are only available in English. Anyway , if you need help with something , and if I can lend a hand at least to get by with something that does not make it clear in English , send an email to gacanepa [ at] gmail [dot ] com and I’ll try to help you.
      Best regards,
      Gabriel

4. Jonathan says:

Hi Gabriel, Great Work thanks for the post, i wil be waiting the rest of the serie

• @Jonathan,
      Thanks for your kind comment! More articles are coming, so stay tuned! You can also follow my articles at xmodulo.com/author/gabriel and digitalocean.com/community/users/gacanepa. Hope you find them useful!

5. sabri says:

Hi Gabriel,
    I will pass those exams soon, that’s why i need some feedback from someone who already took it

6. @Joe,
    I appreciate you taking the time to comment on this post and I’m glad that you liked it. Stay tuned, more articles are coming!

7. Joe says:

@Gabriel Exactly what I’m looking for. really awesome!!! Please… keep it up. Can’t wait to see the rest of the part.

8. nag r says:

Great work. Eagery waiting for other topics.

9. Eder says:

Awesome, I’m reading all your tutorials. I’m your neighbor from Brazil.

10. Deepanjan says:

How to enroll in LFCE course
    i am from india,will this certification valid in india

• @Deepanjan,
      Yes, these certifications (LFCS and LFCE) are not only valid in India, but also world-wide.
      The Linux Foundation offers training courses for both, and you can check in training.linuxfoundation.org.
      However, you can also follow this series to prepare for both exams.
      Hope it helps.