CentOS 6.3 Step by Step Installation Guide with Screenshots

Narad Shrestha

He has over 10 years of rich IT experience which includes various Linux Distros, FOSS and Networking. Narad always believes sharing IT knowledge with others and adopts new technology with ease.

1. After reading this installation guide,am now thinking of moving away from Ubuntu Desktop to CentOS as my primary OS.

2. Ben says:

I am not getting the screen from #19 to customize the install when using a i386 live CD or live DVD.

3. Chandramouli says:

Thank you so much. Now, I have installed CentOS 6.4 successfully in my machine with dual boot.

4. nagapavan says:

i have windows8 on my laptop and i have installed centos in my laptop along with window8 but during my boot up it is not showing centos option please give tell me the solution

5. annonimous says:

please help me.. my work is gone.. this centos is bullshit
    !!!

6. irshad says:

Till snapshot 22 my installation was correct. But dint get the login screen as shown in the snapshots. I tried ssh -X and startx commands but dint work.

7. venkatesh karnasula says:

here installing centos there default selection is “minimal” and this screen shot shown select a web server:” please remember ,that no need to select “minimal” r “web server”
    here we have to select “DESKTOP” … that only select for gui coming on centos otherwise command mode only comming … thanking u ..

8. faizu says:

done upto step 22, after reboot following
    black screen comes , says to login, i m able to root login,,
    help to get rid of black screen

9. Usman says:

I installed 6.4 in my desktop. when i start my PC after boot menu i lost my display.

Please tell me what i do?

10. Mak K. says:

I installed CentOS 6.4 x86_64. Installed apache over it. Provided fixed ip to the machine but the apache website is not accessible over LAN, is am I missing something?