Installation of ClearOS 7 Community Edition

Aaron Kili

Aaron Kili is a Linux and F.O.S.S enthusiast, an upcoming Linux SysAdmin, web developer, and currently a content creator for TecMint who loves working with computers and strongly believes in sharing knowledge.

1. Prakash says:

Hi Ravi,

I am able to set it up, but I am getting struck with Content Filter., I want to block category wise sites for my users., In community edition no option to update from GUI. Is there any option to update the content filter manually.?

Thanks,
    Prakash

2. Jan says:

I am trying to run a virtual pc under clearos , Is this possible ???

3. sam says:

Why system keep asking to insert desk 1, when all the downloaded ISO came only on one disk, I tried download again, but still prompt for disK one even the download came from the main ClearOS site, This only shows that this product can’t even serve step one of community software when we can’t even install what they give us.

4. lodwijk says:

hai,
    How i can test that the clearos is work as proxy and how to see that real ip that access intenet. can you help me

5. Boris Urzua says:

Hi Ravi:

I’ve tried to set a clearOS 6.4 server in my organization, but I can’t get to configurate it properly.

After 3 fresh installations the only thing that I can do is to ping the server IP from outside, but I can’t resolve the name of the domain via ping the www or the ftp.

There’s any chance to receive some detailed help? I mean, maybe you would like to check my configurations to see what is happening.

Thank’s in advance.

Boris.

• charlie says:

you need to have your domain pointed to your ip, normally you do this from the people who you bought your domain from you , the nameservers need to point to your ip – hopefully you have a fixed ip !

6. mentalrey says:

Type this in a bash

yum remove app-clearcenter-core

7. ami says:

is there any way of installing version 6.3.0 like version 5.2.0 with out going to the market place.

8. Thanks for posting such a detailed walk-through. The one on the ClearFoundation site should be as detailed as this!

9. marwen says:

Hi ! thnx for the tutorial.
    I have some issue with the web interface. It hangs in the “System Registration” step (it keeps waiting). I dunno how to overcome or ignore this step. I don’t have internet connection in that box.

10. Peter Allen says:

I have some questions about DHCP and getting client computers connected to a ClearOS Professional Server. Could you assist me with this?