Creating Organizational Units (OU) and Enableing GPO (Group Policy) in Zentyal PDC Server – Part 3

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. Sergiu says:

Hello ! I got a request of the Group Policy Management in windows 7 fail to add that GPO ( Allowed_GPO ) tells me that I have access to all that are connected to the win with a user from Domain Admins created zentyal where wrong ? or how can I give rights to a user to have full access to the Group Policy Management.

2. Matei Cezar says:

Is your user3 added to the right GPO?

3. Marco says:

Hi again, Finally i can access to de GPOs and all this stuff, but my GPOs didn´t work. If i modify “Default Domain Policy” only my user “administrator” have applied this GPO, other domain users no, and allowed_GPO not work for users3…

Can you tell me where is the problem??

thank you!

4. Gud44 says:

Great tutorials, I’m gonna test all that soon. Go on!!

5. Marco says:

Hi!
    Thank you so much for all your tutorials, there are very useful!

I have some problems with zentyal 3.4 and Group Policy Management. I have my domain (medsan.net), DNS, all right, Samba works, DHCP works, everything is fine.

Then, I have a virtual machine with windows 7 Professional x32. It is on my medsan domain. I enter with a user called “Administrator” (he is in Domain Admins group so i think he is an admin, right?). But, when I try to create a new GPO in the windows 7 Group Policy Management, it says “Access Denied” or when i try to edit Default domain policy.

what is the problem here? :S

Thank you! waiting for an answer. Im doing a school project with zentyal :)

6. tejas says:

I am big fan of your tutorials please keep continue your ingeniously simplified tutorials

7. matei cezar says:

@Ivan : You cannot edit LDAP schema on Zentyal from Web admin tool but you shoud try add object fields form a Windows RSAT Active Directory…the LDAP schema can be edited from command line also but the changes are not permanent (they will be rewritten) .
    @Shaunx : I don’t understand what you mean? The basic GPO file can be created from Zentyal but for editing GPO setting you must use Group Policy Management from Windows RSAT.The file will then behave in the same way as a genuine GPO file created from AD.

• Ivan says:

Thanks man,

I know how to edit LDAP schema, just wanted to make sure that this is supported in Zentyal. Didn’t get a chance to test it yet.

8. Shaunx says:

Hi Matei, can I make a question??? Can a GPO that’s created by Zentyal work correctly like Window’s AD???

9. Ivan says:

Is it possible to edit the schema in a Zentyal domain and add new fields to objects ?

10. Guido Rolon says:

Nothing to say but Clap Clap, thanks !