Kali Linux 2016.2 Released – Download DVD ISO Images

Kali Linux (formerly known as BackTrack Linux) announced the release of Kali Linux Version 2016.2 on August 31st, 2016. Kali Linux is a Debian based distribution specially focused on penetration testing and digital forensics use.

From Project Page

Kali Linux is the new generation of the industry-leading BackTrack Linux penetration testing and security auditing Linux distribution. Kali Linux is a complete re-build of BackTrack from the ground up, adhering completely to Debian development standards.

Highlights of Kali Linux Verson 2016.2:

1. Kali Linux is built on a Debian based Operating system.
  2. Kali Linux 2016.2 comes with additional Desktop Environment such as Enlightenment, Mate, KDE and Mate.
  3. This new release includes Kernel 4.6, new Kali ARM image scripts, Kali AMAZON AMI, Kali Google Compute image generation scripts and many other new interesting changes.
  4. Kali Linux includes Metasploit, Wireshark, John the Ripper, Reaver, Nmap and Aircrack-ng and approx. 300 different penetration testing tools.
  5. FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) compliant and has improved for ARM support.
  6. Seamless upgrades between major releases.
  7. Kali can run on Samsung Chrome books (Personal Computer), Available for ARM devices like ss808, ODROID U2 and even in the Raspberry Pi (credit-card-sized single-board computer).

Kali Linux Screenshots

1. Booting from Live CD:

Kali Linux Boot Menu

Kali Linux Boot Menu

2. Kali Linux Enlightenment Desktop:

Kali Linux Enlightenment Desktop

Kali Linux Enlightenment Desktop

3. Kali Linux with various Penetration Testing tools:

Kali Linux Penetration Testing Tools

Kali Linux Penetration Testing Tools

Direct Download Kali Linux DVD ISO Images

Direct Download of Kali Linux for 64-Bit and 32-Bit ISO Images can be downloaded from the following links.

Image Name Direct Torrent Size
Kali Linux 64 bit kali-linux-2016.2-amd64.iso kali-linux-2016.2-amd64.torrent 2.9G
Kali Linux 32 bit kali-linux-2016.2-i386.iso kali-linux-2016.2-i386.torrent 2.9G
Kali Linux 64 bit Light kali-linux-light-2016.2-amd64.iso kali-linux-light-2016.2-amd64.torrent 1.1G
Kali Linux 32 bit Light kali-linux-light-2016.2-i386.iso kali-linux-light-2016.2-i386.torrent 1.1G
Kali Linux 64 bit e17 kali-linux-e17-2016.2-amd64.iso kali-linux-e17-2016.2-amd64.torrent 2.7G
Kali Linux 64 bit Mate kali-linux-mate-2016.2-amd64.iso kali-linux-mate-2016.2-amd64.torrent 2.8G
Kali Linux 64 bit Xfce kali-linux-xfce-2016.2-amd64.iso kali-linux-xfce-2016.2-amd64.torrent 2.7G
Kali Linux 64 bit LXDE kali-linux-lxde-2016.2-amd64.iso kali-linux-lxde-2016.2-amd64.torrent 2.7G

TecMint is the fastest growing and most trusted community site for any kind of Linux Articles, Guides and Books on the web. Millions of people visit TecMint! to search or browse the thousands of published articles available FREELY to all.

If you like what you are reading, please consider buying us a coffee ( or 2 ) as a token of appreciation.

Support Us

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

The Complete Linux System Administrator Bundle
Become an Ethical Hacker Bonus Bundle

1. subhadeep kundu. says:

kali linux is the best ethical hacking operating system

2. jahanzaib says:

From Where To get The latest Versian Of Kali Linux

3. mkigd says:

hello good day to you please i need your help. i download (Kali Linux ARMHF Image 1.0.9a Image Torrent) on this site but i couldnt run it on my pc.. where can i get the direct link to download backtrack

4. DazedNConfuzed says:

Hi All,

Maybe this was already answered and I just don’t see it, but in the chain of messages above, Fahad Jahandad asked the following question on March 27, 2013 at 4:45 pm:
    “Thanks for great information and i want to ask you a question but it is ugly, that what is the difference between GNOME and MINI ISO.”
    I would like to know the difference as well, I spent 3 hrs installing the 64 bit mini only to discover that it only contains ‘nmap’ under the ‘Top 10 Security Tools’. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 64 bit mini and the regular 64 bit ISO? Also, why does the mini seem to only contain 4 security tools none being metasploit or wireshark or any of the better security tools?

Thanks in advance,
    L

• DazedNConfuzed says:

I forgot to mention this but, I did my install in VirtualBox on a MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.x with 16 GB of RAM.

L

5. lucky boy says:

sorry two operating system)

6. lucky boy says:

Sir is it possible to install to operating system in one PC. i mean i want to install kali linux and also win8. is it possible. if yes what is the procedure. And can be work properly. thanx.

Yes, you can install as many as OS’s on the same machine, unless you have enough RAM and Space. The procedure is simple, first install win8 on a first drive say (C Partition) and install other OS in different drive say (D or E parition).

7. Hadi muhammed says:

Is this os has any serial key or activations keys

8. Sarav_Air says:

Bro.. i like to install kali linux in my HTC Explorer mobile…
    i dont know which iso image i have to download?
    I need your help….

9. Alexander says:

Hi everybody!
    I’m a Computer Science student and I want to install kali linux because of academic reasons for an assignment in the course “Network Security”.I want to install it in virtual box.I want someone tell me (if it’s possible) exactly which kali linux should I download(please send me the link directly).Thank you very much(I tried to install it many times for 64processor but it doesn’t work )

10. robby says:

the link to the downloads are giving me this error….

“The requested URL /kali-images/kali-1.0.5/kali-linux-1.0.5-i386.iso was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at cdimage.kali.org Port 80”
    what is the problem.