fdupes – A Command Line Tool to Find and Delete Duplicate Files in Linux

1. Peter King says:

I was always trying the best way to delete my duplicate files, but always something was piling the storage again. So I find efficient software (DuplicateFilesDeleter) to complete remove the duplicate data. I suggest it to anyone with this problem.

2. jm says:

Great program! Wish it had a filter to exclude files under a certain size. I’m using this to clean up disc space, so its great if it would only report size > 1MB, etc.

3. tony says:

Fdupes is a great tool.

Is it possible to specify which of 2 folders is sacrificial?

So, If I have 2 folders A & B and run Fdupes on them, I want any duplicate to be automatically deleted from B.

4. Kervin Buera says:

5. Adam Valvan says:

how to clean duplicate files on pc?

6. Ralph Obein says:

7. Ralph Obein says:

Please note it is not safe to remove all the duplicates CCleaner finds. The Duplicate Finder can search for files with the same File Name, Size, Modified Date and Content; however it isn’t able to determine which files are needed and which can be safely deleted.

8. Elijah Brock says: