CentOS Web Panel – All-in-One Free Web Hosting Control Panel for CentOS/RHEL 6

Marin Todorov

I am a bachelor in computer science and a Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator. Currently working as a Senior Technical support in the hosting industry. In my free time I like testing new software and inline skating.

1. Grant says:

I’m experiencing a really annoying issue with Apache, I have currently one domain with WordPress installed. Yet the directory is pointing to the correct location however browsing to the site goes to a completely different location. I know it’s an Apache issue as I had the exact same issue in webmin. Searched high and low for a fix still no luck can you help??

@Grant,

Please check your Apache DocumentRoot directory, and if possible check your virtualhost configuration and make sure you’ve added correct path to the wordpress application.

2. Check Domain says:

What about the CentOS Free Webpanel. It also has all the features as cPanel. I am using it for my site checkmydomain.net since 7-8 months and i face no problems. Its has module for NGINX and Varnish also.

3. jeetesh says:

ok! it’s nice but how can i add and use new project add locally like new word press web local environment testing or like code igniter projects and can i use my local LAN network different user with there user id FTP and what is site url or ip address like work mean
    or something
    http://192.168.1.155/myweb/public html
    can i use it this type?

4. margeslt says:

I have a problem with this panel. I need to run a php script, execution time him are quite large.
    In browser sho error(500):
    Internal Server Error
    In apache log(/usr/local/apache/logs/error):
    Script timed out before returning headers: index.php

The values for:
    max_input_time, max_execution_time
    set great value – 999

I tried to correct the error, the value(Timeout) of the rules:
    in file /usr/local/apache/conf/extra/httpd-default.conf

But it did not help.
    Some time later, still an error: 500
    How to increase the timeout.
    Help me please.

@Margslt,
      Which distribution version you are using? can you tell us so that we can provide you solution for this..

• Marin Todorov says:

What is the script you are trying to run.? Are you sure that it’s written properly? Also can you share a oh pinto page?

5. pankaj says:

I have installed centos web panel on 16 GB RAM server, but i am seeing everyday the RAM utilization getting crossed 12Gb,Can you tell me how we can stop unwanted RAM utilization and how can restrict users for utilization for more RAM.

Thanks

• Marin Todorov says:

How do you check the memory usage? If using “free” command, what is the amount of cached memory? What processes are consuming most of the memory?

6. Lan Tra says:

Hi Marin

Thank for this great article, I am looking for opensource panels to installed in my VPS, will try this CentOS Web Panel

7. Wellington Torrejais da Silva says:

Thanks!

8. CBT Inc. says:

unfortunately, the user backup script generate public_html and mysql database only. It doesn’t include mail archives, dns zone, ssl certificate, etc. All we need is to custom the user backup script again.

9. It`s grate alternative to cPanel.You will get all what you need and almost you do not need to login in SSH afer installation.Using CWP you will forget for putty :)

Only problem for transfer website from cpanel to cwp is in emails.You cannot to keep old email archive.

• Marin Todorov says:

Unfortunately yes, the emails might be an issue. I met many customers who use cPanel and in such cases I recommend to download the emails with POP3 on a local computer. Then the email accounts can be recreated on the new machine. That way at least you will have an offline backup of your emails.

• Diego says:

Maybe the best approach is imapsync or pop2imap.
        Or copy over ssh

• Marin TodorovI says:

Manual copy might work, but you will need to make sure each message is placed in the correct directory in the new server and has the correct ownership and permissions.

I just reviewed imapsync’s documentation and it does look like it might work. Personally I have not tested and can’t tell for sure. I am not sure it is worth the money though. As for pop2imap it is basically similar to what I suggested earlier. Download the emails with mail client such as Mozilla Thunderbird and then change its settings to match the new IMAP/POP3 server.

10. selvakumar says:

Can we add multiple machines to single machine and monitor ? As like nagios does. I would like to see multiple machine in dashboard. Is it possible in this tool ?

Regards
    Selva

• Marin Todorov says:

Hello Selva,

Right now only one server per installation can be monitored. Basically CWP shows the services running on the server where it is installed. Even though it provides a service status report, it is not meant to monitor multiple servers within one control panel. On the other hand Nagios’s sole purpose is to monitor service status of multiple servers within one interface.