26. Open the given link using http protocol and enter the usernamd as ‘admin‘ and password ‘pfsense‘.
27. Once you logged in, a setup wizard window appears that will guide you through the initial configuration of pfSense.
28. On the next screen, enter the hostname, and domain for pfsense, by following provide a Primary DNS server and secondary DNS and click Next.
29. Choose the timezone and click next.
30. On this screen, configure WAN interface, if you have a PPOE connection or if you need to use this pfsense machine as a router, you need to choose PPOE from the drop menu or else simply select ‘static‘ and set the static IP address, gateway and click ‘Next‘ to continue…
31. We’ve already configured LAN network in terminal mode, just move forward by choosing NEXT.
32. Next, change the admin password, which is used to access the WebGUI and SSH.
33. After setting admin password, click on reload to make changes.
34. Click on the link, will take you to pfsense webconfigurator GUI Dashboard as shown in below picture.
pfsense can be used as router or firewall with many advanced features such as traffic shapper, Load Balancer and much more. It can be used in small scale to large scale environment. Hope this setup help you to build your own router and firewall for your environment. Give your valuable feedback in comment section for future help regarding this topic.