Install Cacti (Network Monitoring) on RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x and Fedora 24-12

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. Gurudatta N.R says:

Your mixing too many things in one post, Do it for one Os release, it will be better.

2. Ramesh Khatri says:

Why my graphs are empty after still a hour

3. Dev says:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /cacti/ on this server.

I am facing this error while visit http://localhost/cacti/.

Please give me solutions.

Thanks.

@Dev,

Please check your Cacti installation and also enable access to IP address on Apache. If you still get same error, check the logs for solution.

4. Aung Thet Phyo says:

I have an error, while running the following command.

# mysql -u cacti -p cacti < /usr/share/doc/cacti-0.8.8b/cacti.sql

Please how to to do fix?

5. Henry says:

I ran into the below error.

MySQL TimeZone Support
    ERROR: Your Cacti database login account does not have access to the MySQL TimeZone database. Please provide the Cacti database account “select” access to the “time_zone_name” table in the “mysql” database, and populate MySQL’s TimeZone information before proceeding.

and I followed these following instructions to resolve.

# mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root -p mysql
    mysql> use mysql;
    mysql> GRANT SELECT ON mysql.time_zone_name TO [email protected];
    mysql> flush privileges;

6. BhushanM says:

No package mariadb-server available.
    What to do?

7. sittipol says:

My Cacti Graphs are not showing. Where should I check?

8. Rob says:

Thanks for your post. You can add epel repo installation to the post for CentOS7 with “yum install epel-release -y”

9. Hafiz says:

Hi, could you updated this guide for the latest version of cacti? seem there are some file permission needed for it to install the template.

10. Samuel says:

I have installed Cacti but its not polling. It simply shows a white box with cacti logo.