Install ‘iRedMail’ (Fully Featured Mail Server) with Virtual Domains, Webmail, SpamAssassin & ClamAV in Linux

Best Affordable Linux and WordPress Services For Your Business
Outsource Your Linux and WordPress Project and Get it Promptly Completed Remotely and Delivered Online.

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. Deve Dames says:

Hi, I found your post very informative. I’ve setup iRedMail and it can send email within its domain. How can I make it communicate with other domains such as yahoo, gmail and others.
    Thank You so much in advance.

• Matei Cezar says:

You mean you want to send and receive mail from public domains? You must buy and register a public domain name and add the proper DNS records on the domain registrar or your DNS provider or your own DNS Server (A, MX, SPF, PTR and DKIM) to pint to your mail server host.

2. madu says:

can i receive out side mails using my virtual domain address ?

3. Matei Cezar says:

@Ruso: Edit /etc/postfix/main.conf and change myhostname and mydestination directives parameteres mo match your domain, then restart postfix. Also verify system hostname and change it if it’s the case by running /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts.

4. Ruso says:

Hi, thanks a lot for the tutorial, how can i edit the step #15 in case of a mistake?? thanks!

its for school porpuses, but my NS is: lovegun.com and in the step 15 i enter my MX wich is: http://www.webmail.lovegun.com

cheers!

5. madu says:

thank you so much buddy.

6. Django says:

Hi, thanks for your job ! Does it work with Centos 7 ?

@Django,
      Yes, it should work with CentOS 7, I think you should give a try…..If it didn’t worked out, udpate us.will include the instructions for CentOS 7 too…

7. Matei Cezar says:

@tengatoise: add a virtual host for second domain to on apache vhosts!

8. tengatoise says:

Can you help me with my problem. I installed iredmail on a server and is doing great. I also configured it with ssl so that when I access mail.firstdomain.com it goes straight to roundcube.

Now I added a new virtual domain which is mail.seconddomain.com. it is working fine but the ssl it is using is still from firstdomain.com.

It would really be nice if I can use this domains ssl cert.

9. domain says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to
    your webpage? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would truly benefit from some of the information you provide
    here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Regards!

10. steve says:

Hi. Successfully installed iRedMail. Thanks a lot. Where can I get further reading on working with postfix with iredmail