Install Java 9 JDK/JRE on RHEL/CentOS 7/6 and Fedora 27-20

Best Affordable Linux and WordPress Services For Your Business
Outsource Your Linux and WordPress Project and Get it Promptly Completed Remotely and Delivered Online.

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. srini says:

Hi ravi,

i have installed centos 6.4 in desktop mode successfully in m y machine. can able to act as a SVN Server in that machine.

2. How do I save and exit out of the repo once i have entered the content in?

3. Andrew says:

How to install if I’m not a root user? `rpm -Uvh` requires me to be root.

Thanks.

4. HM says:

Is there something wrong with the Fedora package?

After installing the package with rpm -Uvh jdk-7u25-linux-x64.rpm the following command would not list it:

alternatives –config java

Only shows one and that’s openjdk

java -version gives me open jdk.

Installing the package again (no errors or warnings the first time) tells me it already installed.

I’ll try a reboot and see if that helps,.

5. m says:

I did everything but it did not work…

Then tried telnet localhost 8080

[[email protected] ~]$ telnet localhost 8080
    Trying 127.0.0.1…
    telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
    [[email protected] ~]$

6. rishi says:

apche tomcat bootstartup error when i service tomcat stop

7. rishi says:

127.0.0.1 is apche2 is running but 127.0.0.1:8080 not runny ..unable to connect :(

8. sadakar says:

Hi.. I’m very newbi to putty. Even I do not know the usage of linux machine.
    Now I want to learn
    How to install jdk in CentOS release 5.9 (Final) using putty ?
    Could plz. provide step by step procedure ?

Thanks,
    Sadakar

9. Marselino says:

Thank you!

10. I did everything to get Firefox to recognize the plugin and this doc finally helped. I didn’t know that I had to do alternates in the actual plugin directory.

Clint