Install WordPress 5 with Apache, MariaDB 10 and PHP 7 on CentOS 7

Best Affordable Linux and WordPress Services For Your Business
Outsource Your Linux and WordPress Project and Get it Promptly Completed Remotely and Delivered Online.

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. Vizius says:

Are these enough? Cause I am having trouble uploading giving error:

The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2013/05….

Which web server instructions you followed? If Apache, change set apache ownership to wp-content folder.

2. Erick says:

Guys I was having trouble setting up my LAMP WordPress locally, but this youtube video shows you a step by step approach even if you don’t have a LAMP installed. Now I can have my fashion design business template up and running :) .

3. Sivaraam says:

Hi Ravi,
    I’m a complete newbie to Linux and WordPress…and just wanted to say that your article
    was well laid out and very simple to follow..

Thank You..

4. sanjay says:

hallo sir,
    i have configured wordpress on linux cent os webserver. and i am trying to configure ldap connection between wordpress and active directory.
    i have used most of the plugin from wordpress but couldn’t get succed.
    can you please suggest me or help me.
    this will help me so much
    thanks in advance

5. Supriyo says:

Can you share a article regarding Flexlm License management? License file, How to install, License start, stop, re-read, remove etc..

Regards, Supriyo

6. Amit kumar says:

Dear sir, i try to configure it using LNMP. i reached on step 5,but 6 step not working on my laptopits show 403 error.

7. great article. thanks for sharing it.

please avoid using __if’s__ within your nginx’s server block as ‘if is evil’ (http://wiki.nginx.org/IfIsEvil)

instead, use try_files, for example:

——————-
    location / {
    try_files $uri $uri/ @rewrites;
    }

location @rewrites {
    rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 last;
    }
    ——————-

8. Nix Guy says:

Good informative article. Would have been much better if you demonstrated installation of phpmyadmin and configuring BIND as well. Since no one would be running their blog on the server’s IP without a domain.

9. Jamie says:

dose not work with centos 5?