Integrate Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) to Zentyal PDC (Primary Domain Controller) – Part 7

Best Affordable Linux and WordPress Services For Your Business
Outsource Your Linux and WordPress Project and Get it Promptly Completed Remotely and Delivered Online.

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. Kaushal Kumar says:

I have joined the domain successfully. But could not see the 50-ubuntu.conf file in the designated folder. It contains 5 files. I am running kubuntu 64 Bit

2. Mitesh says:

Hi

I have added windows domain to ubuntu 14.04
    I have edited /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-ubuntu.conf

But I still can’t login with domain user also I can still see Guest Login.

Please help me to login with domain user.

Thanks

3. Matei Cezar says:

@Ashima Loomba : There’s seems to be a problem with lightdm, try this from shell:
    sudo mv /home/pbis/domain/domain_user/.Xauthority /home/pbis/domain/domain_user/.Xauthority.backup ,
    rm /home/pbis/domain/domain_user/.profile
    sudo service lightdm restart
    mv /home/pbis/domain/domain_user/.config /home/pbis/domain/domain_user/.config.bak
    If this settings wont work try reinstall lightdm or ubuntu-desktop:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install –reinstall ubuntu-desktop
    sudo apt-get install unity
    If none of this settings work for you try reinstall your system.

4. Ashima Loomba says:

I am sorry i typed a wrong email-id in my previous post.
    Pl ignore the previous comment

Could you please help ? It’s very important.

I am able to do

su domain_user

It logs me as domain-user. But when I try to login from login screen. It logs me in and immediately logs me out. It also creates a home directory in /home/pbis/domain/domain_user

I am able to run enum-users, get-status command without any error. Just from main login screen it’s not able to log me in.

I am using Ubunto 14.04 LTS with PowerBroker (likewise package I got from net).
    Please help. It’s quite urgent

5. Matei Cezar says:

You have to verify your /etc/resolv.conf file to check if it points to the right DNS server.

6. MegaBOOBLIK says:

Error: DNS_ERROR_BAD_PACKET [code 0x0000251e]

A bad packet was received from a DNS server. Potentially the requested address does not exist.

?

7. Pete Edley says:

Hi Thanks for this, I was just wondering if you had any pointers on how to mount the users directory on the server as home instead of /home/likewise-open/server/username.

I am trying to setup 5 machines in a small lab but 10-15 users logging in to any machine at different times so would like their files saved to the server home instead of the local machine.

8. Christian says:

Excellent tutorial !

At the login screen I select “Login”, I type in the user, “chr\chr”, and I type in his password, then it tries to login for some seconds. but suddenly it puts me back at the login screen again.

Content of: /var/log/auth.log

May 6 18:42:42 ch-ub14 lightdm: pam_succeed_if(lightdm:auth): requirement “user ingroup nopasswdlogin” not met by user “chr\chr”

May 6 18:42:43 ch-ub14 lightdm: pam_unix(lightdm-greeter:session): session closed for user lightdm

May 6 18:42:43 ch-ub14 lightdm: pam_unix(lightdm:session): session opened for user CHR\chr by (uid=0)
    May 6 18:42:44 ch-ub14 lightdm: pam_unix(lightdm:session): session closed for user CHR\chr
    ….

Thank.

9. Guido Rolon says:

Sorry my last post. My mother lang is spanish. My android device is spanish toó. What i wanted to say is Your posts are great

10. David says:

Thanks for this excellent tutorial!

Just one question:

How can I enable the login history for domain accounts in lightdm greeter?
    It seems that lightdm ignores these users because their folders are listed in /home/likewise-open/%user%/ instead of /home/%user%

thanks.