Ebook: Introducing the Linux Foundation’s LFCS and LFCE Certification Preparation Guide

3. Get your own self-hosted blog with a Free Domain at ($3.95/month).

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. GinFace says:

Ok, I have bought the book and it is very comprehensive and personally I’d consider it to be better than the material you get from the LF.

I previously sat the virtual training course with the LF and whilst it was excellent and I highly recommended it, there is a lot to be crammed in in the 4 days of training.

This book, covers the syllabus very well and is good to walk through the examples and write some simple study cards at the same time. I haven’t noticed any syntax errors which makes life easier when trying things out.

A little tip, practice the big ‘how to’ chapters like LVM/RAID setups and time yourself doing them in a virtual lab or on a Raspberry Pi – You will soon get it down to 5 minutes.

This book has proved so useful, I printed it off.

I sit my LFCS next week and I feel better prepared for it already.

Thanks

2. Ron says:

I bought the LFCE training from Linux Foundation. For most parts, it’s a lot of “do this”, but no real explanation. To ensure I’m not getting the same lack of explanation with this book, do you have some sample pages?

3. Andrew says:

Hi Ravi, I am interested in this book (course). If there are any revisions or updates will these be passed onto people who purchase the book?. In your opinion, is this book and its content sufficient to pass the exams if followed thoroughly without the need for further books / material from other sources?

@Andrew,

Once you purchase, all future updates of LFCS/LFCE certification are available freely for life. This book is enough to crack the LFCS/LFCE exam in first attempt as it contains everything from the exam point of view..

4. Miguel says:

Hi Ravi, I chose CentOS to do my certification LFCS, how do you manage the different distros on this book? I am able to get advantage from this book? Many thanks

@Miguel,

No issues, you can choose CentOS or Ubuntu or OpenSUSE for your LFCS certification because this book covers all the exam objectives based on CentOS/Ubuntu and OpenSUSE..

5. Atul Mandal says:

Thanks.. I need this preparation guide book.

6. Davi says:

Hi!

Was the book written based on official training? I am afraid that the content does not include all the skills required to take the test.

7. José Arteaga says:

Hi dude, i bought the book two days ago bit i have a doubt…form the LFCS exam i have to follow from chapter one till chapter 20, am i right?

8. arati says:

thanks for suggesting this book….cos this is useful for the exams.

9. Starr M. says:

I’d like to purchase this book, but i do not see where a person in the United States can buy it. I only see: International and Indian users.

How can I purchase this book:

10. Deiu says:

I’d like to purchase the ebook and was curious about it following the Domains and Competencies of the exam from Feb-02-2016?

Thanks.