DISCLOSURE: This post includes affiliate links, which means we receive a commission when you make a purchase.
IMPORTANT: THE LINUX FOUNDATION CERTIFIED ENGINEER (LFCE) EXAM WAS RETIRED AS OF MAY 1, 2022.
For years, certifications in the Information Technology world have help job candidates to demonstrate their skills to potential employers.
In the Linux world this is as true as in any other area, with businesses primarily looking for certified candidates to fill available vacancies. In other words, certifications are a proven way of gaining an advantage when applying for a job.
Since August 2014 you don’t have to travel to a testing center and spend a lot of money in associated expenses to take a certification exam.
Thanks to the Linux Foundation, you can aspire to a world-class certification by taking a monitored online exam from the comfort of your own home.
The Linux Foundation Certified System administrator (LFCS) exam is more suited for individuals with intermediate level, whereas the LFCE (Engineer) exam is targeted at people with significant experience with network services and with a vast knowledge of system administration.
We at Tecmint.com have put together 66 chapters covering the topics required in both exams and reviewed them taking into consideration the many comments we have received over the last 3+ years.
Also, we do our best to keep the book updated with the latest modifications that have been made to the domain competencies of both exams. With the last revision of this material in January 2019, we have taken into account version 3.18 of the domains and competencies.
This list came into effect on April 10, 2018,, as announced by the Linux Foundation.
What’s inside this eBook?
We are now pleased to present to you those 66 exam objectives with 500+ pages in this ebook (PDF format). That was a constantly-repeated request over that same period – you spoke, and we listened!
LFCS Section (Chapters 1 to 33)
- Chapter 1: Learn GNU ‘sed’ Command
- Chapter 2: Learn vi/m as a full Text Editor
- Chapter 3: Archiving Files/Directories and Finding Files
- Chapter 4: Partitioning Storage Devices
- Chapter 5: Setup Network Share (Samba & NFS) File-systems
- Chapter 6: Assembling Partitions as RAID Devices
- Chapter 7: Manage System Services with SysVinit, Systemd and Upstart
- Chapter 8: Managing Users & Groups and Enabling sudo Access
- Chapter 9: Package Management with Yum, RPM, Apt, Dpkg, Aptitude and Zypper
- Chapter 10: Learning Basic Shell Scripting and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 11: Manage and Create LVM Partitions
- Chapter 12: Linux Help Documentations and Tools
- Chapter 13: Configure and Troubleshoot Grand Unified Boot-loader (GRUB)
- Chapter 14: Monitor Linux Processes Resource Usage
- Chapter 15: Set Kernel Runtime Parameters in Linux
- Chapter 16: SELinux and AppArmor
- Chapter 17: Set Access Control Lists (ACL’s) and Disk Quotas
- Chapter 18: Setting Up Network Services NFS, Apache, Squid+SquidGuard, Postfix+Dovecot
- Chapter 19: Setting Up FTP Server to Allow Anonymous Logins
- Chapter 20: Setup Recursive Caching DNS Server
- Chapter 21: Installation and Configuration of MariaDB Database Server
- Chapter 22: Configuring NFS Shares with Autofs
- Chapter 23: Setup Apache SSL with Name-Based Virtual Hosting
- Chapter 24: Setup Restricted Squid Proxy Server
- Chapter 25: Configuring SquidGuard for Content Rules
- Chapter 26: Setting Up Email Services Postfix+Dovecot
- Chapter 27: Setup an Iptables Firewall
- Chapter 28: Static and Dynamic Routing
- Chapter 29: Setup Encrypted Filesystem and Swap Space
- Chapter 30: Monitor System Usage, Utilization, and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 31: Setting Up A Local/Network Repository
- Chapter 32: Network Performance, Security, and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 33: Managing and Configuring Virtual Machines and Containers
LFCE Section (Chapters 1 to 33)
- Chapter 1: How to Use Git Version Control System
- Chapter 2: Processing and Manipulating Text Streams in Linux
- Chapter 3: How to Run Multiple Commands on Multiple Linux Servers
- Chapter 4: How to Monitor System Usage, Outages and Troubleshoot Linux Servers
- Chapter 5: Network Performance, Security, and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 6: Monitor Linux Process Resource Usages
- Chapter 7: Update the Kernel and Ensure the System is Bootable
- Chapter 8: How to Use udev for Device Detection and Management
- Chapter 9: Implementing Mandatory Access Control with SELinux or AppArmor
- Chapter 10: User Management, Special Attributes, and PAM
- Chapter 11: Install OpenLDAP Server for Centralized Authentication
- Chapter 12: Configure LDAP Client to Connect External Authentication
- Chapter 13: How to Configure and Use PAM in Linux
- Chapter 14: Create SSH Tunneling or Port Forwarding in Linux
- Chapter 15: How to Install and Configure Firewalld
- Chapter 16: Setting Up Apache with Virtual Hosting with SSL Certificate
- Chapter 17: Setting Up Nginx with Virtual Hosting with SSL Certificate
- Chapter 18: Setting Up Time Synchronization Server NTP
- Chapter 19: Setting Up Centralized Log Server with Rsyslog
- Chapter 20: Setting Up DHCP Server and Client
- Chapter 21: Setting Up Mail Server Postfix and Dovecot
- Chapter 22: Setting Up Squid HTTP Proxy Server
- Chapter 23: Setting Up SquidGuard for Squid Proxy Content Filter
- Chapter 24: Implement and Configure a PXE Boot Server on CentOS
- Chapter 25: Implement and Configure a PXE Boot Server on Ubuntu
- Chapter 26: Setting Up a Caching DNS Server
- Chapter 27: Logical Volume Management – LVM
- Chapter 28: Setting Up Network Share (Samba & NFS) Filesystems
- Chapter 29: Configure and Maintain High Availability/Clustering
- Chapter 30: Install, Create and Manage LXC (Linux Containers)
- Chapter 31: Installing and Configuring a Database Server
- Chapter 32: Turn a Linux Server into a Router
- Chapter 33: Managing and Configuring Virtual Machines and Containers
Each chapter demonstrates crucial topics and relevant exam objectives in the beginning and ends with a summary followed by questions and answers.
Additionally, you will notice that we kept some chapters from the previous edition even when those topics are not included in the exams anymore (FTP and database servers are two examples) as a bonus.
We hope you can enjoy this material, and use it to help you prepare for these exams.
|For International Users||Price in Dollar||Checkout|
|Linux Foundation Certified SysAdmin (LFCS) Certification Preparation eBook||$ 39.99||Order Now|
|Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE) Certification Preparation eBook||$ 49.99||Order Now|
|Linux Foundation’s LFCS and LFCE Certification Preparation eBooks||$ 79.99||Order Now|
|For Indian Users||Price in INR||Checkout|
|Linux Foundation Certified SysAdmin (LFCS) Certification Preparation eBook||3000||Order Now|
|Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE) Certification Preparation eBook||3500||Order Now|
|Linux Foundation’s LFCS and LFCE Certification Preparation eBooks||6000||Order Now|
Last, but not least, please consider buying your exam voucher using the following links to earn us a small commission. This will help us keep this book updated.
- Become a Linux Certified System Administrator at Training.LinuxFoundation.org!
- Become a Linux Certified Engineer at Training.LinuxFoundation.org!
With your purchase, you will also be supporting Tecmint.com and helping us to continue providing high-quality articles in our website for free, as always.
274 thoughts on “Ebook: Introducing the TecMint’s LFCS and LFCE Certification Preparation Guide”
Could you please send me a sample of the LFCS book? Thank you.
Sent you a sample of the LFCS book as requested…
Would it be possible for me to get a preview of the LFCS and LFCE ebooks?
Sent you both preview copies as requested…
Request you to share a preview of the LFCS book.
Sent you a preview copy as requested…
Hi Tecmint team, may I receive a preview copy of the LFCS Section?
Just sent you a preview copy of the LFCS book as requested…
Can I get a preview copy of the LFCS Section?
Just sent you a preview copy of the LFCS book…
Would it be possible for me to get a preview of the LFCS book?
Sent you a preview copy of LFCS as requested…
Can you send me a preview LFCS ebook?
Just sent you a preview copy of the book as requested…
It’s a discount to buy both ebooks (for me 80USD is a too expensive price) I’m from a third-world country (Colombia) I can’t spend 80 dollars on a couple of books.
Contact us at [email protected] for more discounts…
May I have a sample of the LFCS ebook? I’m on a tight budget and I want to make sure if I should buy it. Thank you.
Just sent you a preview copy as requested…
Will there be an updated version of the book for this new year?
The latest version I have is version 3 from 2018.
No updates yet, the last update was on April 10, 2018.