Linux Mint 14 “Nadia” RC (Release Candidate) Released – Download DVD ISO’s
On November 11, 2012, the father of Linux Mint project Clement Lefebvre proudly announced a release of upcoming Linux Mint 14 “Nadia” RC (Release Candidate) operating system and made available for download in two editions MATE and Cinnamon for testing.
Finally, on Nov 30, 2012, Linux Mint 14 released. Please check out the below article where we covered the installation part of Linux Mint 14 and also provided DVD download links for both Mate and Cinnamon editions.
This release is based on Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) operating system with lots of new updates and features including Linux kernel 3.5, Firefox 16, Thunderbird 16, Cinnamon desktop environment, mate desktop environment, full support for GTK 3.6 and GTK3 applications, updated icon theme which is based on the Faenza icon pack.
Features of Linux Mint 14 RC
- Based on Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal).
- Linux kernel 3.5.
- MATE 1.4 desktop environment.
- Cinnamon 1.6 desktop environment.
- Default login manager MDM (Mint Display Manager).
- Software Manager tool is updated.
- Lots of system improvements, artwork improvements, bug fixes and updated packages.
Linux Mint 14 RC Mate Edition
Linux Mint 14 RC MATE edition features MATE 1.4, which comes with lots of new improvements, new features and as well as numerous bug fixes.
- bluetooth and mate-keyring are now functional.
- caja (file manager) features support for Dropbox.
- Caja improvements such as toggle button to show and edit the path and a new button to difference between files in the file conflict dialog and many more.
Linux Mint 14 RC Cinnamon Edition
Linux Mint 14 RC Cinnamon edition features Cinnamon 1.6, which comes with full list of new features and improvements.
- Cinnamon 2D session with software rendering feature.
- ALT + Tab improvements, including thumbnails and previews.
- Improved sound applet: mute buttons for speakers, larger album cover, microphone and more.
- Grid view in Expo.
- Workspace OSD: Give custom names to workspaces.
- Included notification applet which stores a history of desktop notifications.
For more information about Cinnamon 1.6, including installation and video, see our earlier article at Install Cinnamon 1.6 on Ubuntu 12.10/12.04/11.10, Xubuntu 12.10, Linux Mint 13
Workspaces OSD are “persistent” in Cinnamon. This means by clicking “+” button you can create any number of workspaces with custom names. These workspaces remain there even after you reboot and until you decide to delete it.
The notification applet panel keeps track of notifications of desktop. It acts like a tray and collects notifications that you didn’t click on. It is very useful when you are busy in doing something or you just want to read them later.
Alt-Tab Thumbnails and Previews
The Alt-Tab thumbnails and previews feature is now configurable under Cinnamon 1.6 with following switchers.
- Icons (default, similar to Cinnamon 1.4)
- Icons + Thumbnails
- Icons + Window Previews
- Window Previews
Improved Sound Applet
Improved sound applet panel comes with some new features such as cover artwork with tool-tips, mute buttons for the sound and microphone, volume slider with percentage and more.
Nemo File Manager
Cinnamon 1.6 now tightly integrated with Nemo (file browser) with some exciting brand new backgrounds selection screen with lots of new other features like button to toggle between location bar and path bar, improved toolbar, better browsing, configuration and desktop presentation and much more.
MDM Display Manager
MDM is the default display manager in Linux Mint 14 with legacy GDM2 themes support, so you can apply any GDM themes without any modifications. By defulat Linux Mint 14 ships with 30 GDM/MDM themes installed, but you can find more than 2000 themes at gnome-look.org.
For more information and features read the release notes at New features in Linux Mint 14.
Download Linux Mint 14 RC Mate and Cinnamon DVD ISO’s
The final release of Linux Mint 14 RC is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and it will also be available for download in ISO format for both editions MATE and Cinnamon separately.
Direct Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Direct Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Torrent Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Torrent Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 64-Bit
If any of the above download link fails or broken, please update us using our comment section below.