Wkhtmltopdf – A Smart Tool to Convert Website HTML Page to PDF in Linux

Best Affordable Linux and WordPress Services For Your Business
Outsource Your Linux and WordPress Project and Get it Promptly Completed Remotely and Delivered Online.

Ravi Saive

I am Ravi Saive, creator of TecMint. A Computer Geek and Linux Guru who loves to share tricks and tips on Internet. Most Of My Servers runs on Open Source Platform called Linux. Follow Me: Twitter, Facebook and Google+

1. cho says:

hi,
    how can I install this tool in my Solaris-x86 environment ??

2. cho says:

hi,
    how can I install this tool in my Solaris-x86 environment ??
    I really want to know how to download and install in solaris OS.
    thanks.

3. Mohan says:

Hi Ravi,

Is it possible to have our TOC in second page of our PDF during PDF generation using Wkhtmltopdf?? Please do reply asap..

Thanks in advance :)

4. Mike says:

tar needs -j argument for bz2 files, not -z which is for gzip

5. Anthony says:

Good article, but it should be symlinked to /usr/bin to run from anywhere, also no one has yet thought to rename it to something shorter ?

6. ganesh says:

I am PHP developer. I have installed wkhtmltopdf in my application. I have one chart which is working fine in browser as html. But when I converts this to pdf via wkhtmltopdf it does not display. I searched on google but I didn’t find any solution.

Thanks,
    Ganesh

7. Hi

I’ve used wkhtmltopdf on linux, mac and windows. Works great.
    Has anyone tried to install it on z/OS (zLinux probably) to be used from a batch environment called from JCL ?

8. Ram says:

Great work… Thanks for the detailed info.

9. Kamran says:

Can you tell me , how I can add Tahoma font to generated pdf? or another font with utf-8 support (for characters üöğıəçşÜÖĞİƏÇŞ)

10. Kamran says:

Hi, I installed. No errors but when I run wkhtmltopdf http://google.com /opt/test.pdf
    I get error “-bash: wkhtmltopdf: command not found”