Pear Linux is an stable, fast and powerful open source operating system based on Ubuntu Desktop distribution. The latest release was Pear Linux 6.1 code named (Bartlett) was created by David Tavares. The outcome of Pear Linux is to create an Ubuntu based Linux operating system with much simple, but powerful desktop interface. It provides an impressive Pear Appstore repository that gives you a thousands of apps to select and install by one click of mouse with powerful multi-threaded download manager.
This article describes you a pictorial guide for installing Pear Linux 6.1 with screenshots on 32-bit system.
What’s New in Pear Linux 6.1
- Pear Linux Panel (1.0.4).
- Pear Aurora 1.0.5.
- A new desktop window manager.
- Added new themes and icons.
- New login screen and boot splash.
- Desktop notifications.
- Added Pear Appstore 6.1.0.
- Pear WiFi 1.0 installer for Windows WiFi drivers.
- New Mission Control and Virtual Desktop Switcher.
- Integrated social applications for Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Added Alt-F2 command.
Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Pentium III 500 MHz or higher processor
- 512MB of physical RAM
- 8GB of available disk space
- 800×600 display resolution
Download Pear Linux 6.1 DVD ISO Images
Installation of Pear Linux 6.1
Boot your computer using Pear Linux 6.1 Installation CD/DVD ISO image and Use the down arrow key to select the “Start the installer directly” and press Enter to start the installation.
Starting Pear Linux 6.1 installation screen.
Select the Language and click on Continue.
Preparing to install Pear on the available Drive Space. Click on Continue.
Installation type provides two options. The first one is “Erase disk and install Pear“, this option deletes all the data on the disk and install Pear. Second option is “Something else“, here you can customize and create partitions. But In my case I selected the first option i.e. “Erase disk and install Pear“. You can choose any options depending upon your requirements.
Click on “Install Now” to proceed installation of Pear in selected drive.
Select Time Zone and Click on “Continue“.
Select Keyboard layout and Click on “Continue“.
Fill up the following details and Click on “Continue“.
Installation in process..
Installation completed and “Restart Now“.
Starting Screen of Pear Linux 6.1
Enter the username and password that you have created.
Check out the screenshots of Pear Linux 6.1 Desktop.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- How to Install GUI (Gnome 3) Using CD/DVD on RHEL/CentOS 7 - December 18, 2014
- Wine 1.7.33 (Development Version) Released – Install in RedHat and Debian Based Systems - December 13, 2014
- How to Enable RPMForge Repository in RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x - December 12, 2014