Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow) was released on 15 January 2013. In our introductory article we have already mentioned what all new features have been added. In this article we are going to show you a pictorial guide for performing installation of Fedora 18.
Please visit the following article to know more about Fedora 18 features and and download links of ISO images for 32 and 64 bit systems.
Fedora 18 (Spherical Cow) Basic Installation Steps:
1. Boot Computer with Fedora 18 Installation media. and you may press ‘ENTER‘ key to Start Fedora 18 else it will automatically start with given seconds. While starting fedora 18 installer you will get two options ‘Start Fedora 18‘ and ‘Troubleshooting‘.
In Troubleshooting menu there are options like ‘Starting Fedora 18‘ in basic graphics mode, ‘Test CD/DVD and start‘, ‘Memory Test‘,’Boot from local drive‘. Use up arrow and down arrow to select options. You may click return to main menu anytime from here.
2. Click on Live System User to proceed.
3. Choose Install Fedora to Hard Drive. You may choose try Fedora from Live media also.
4. Select the language and check the “Set keyboard to default layout for selected language” option, then click on “Continue” button.
5. “Installation Summary” screen. Depending on your requirement, you may click links one-by-one to configure.
6. “Date & Time” screen. Configure date and time on your requirement.
7. Choose Keyboard Layout on your requirement.
8. You may click ‘Done‘ button which use automatic partitions and returns to the previous screen. If you want manual partitions of Hard Drive Click on ‘Full disk summary and options…‘ and follow the instructions.
9. Select partition type and click on ‘Continue‘.
10. You can create mount point selecting ‘+‘ icon below. I have selected ‘Create them automatically‘.
11. Once partitioning done. Click on ‘Finish Partitioning‘
12. Once finished configuration, click the ‘ “Begin Installation” button.’
13. Click on root password link to set root password.
14. Enter the root password and click the “Done” button.
15. After root password is set. Relax till installation is complete. When prompted, click the “Reboot” button.
16. Fedora boot loader options.
17. Click the ‘Forward‘ button on the welcome screen.
18. Click the ‘Forward‘ button on the license information screen.
19. Enter the user details and click the ‘Forward‘ button.
20. Change the date and time setting if you want and click ‘Finish’ button.
21. On the sign-in screen, click on the user you want to log in as. Fedora 18 GNOME 3.6 Desktop Screen.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.