Install Rhythmbox 2.98 Music Player on Ubuntu 12.10/12.04
Rhythmbox is developed by GNOME team to organize digital music. It’s an audio player inspired by Apples’ iTunes. Rhythmbox is freely available player and it has been released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Latest release of rhythmbox is 2.98 and it’s features taken from Gnome project are as below:
- A user friendly music browser
- Searching and sorting
- Support for audio format through GStreamer
- Included last.fm radio support for streaming
- Audio visualizations display
- Transfer music to and from iPod, USB and MTP
- Downloads album art and song lyrics from the internet
- Support for burning audio CD’s
- Download audio pod casts automatically
- Download music albums from Magnatune and Jamendo
You may also like to try out Clementine player. Installation guide is found at Clementine Music Player for Ubuntu 12.10/12.04 and Linux Mint 14/13
Installation of Rhythmbox Music Player
1. Open Terminal with ‘CRTL+ALT+T’ and type ‘sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox’ which will add PPA in your software sources.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox
2. ‘sudo apt-get update’ update new packages info from the repository.
$ sudo apt-get update
3. Now install Rhythmbox music player with ‘sudo apt-get install rhythmbox’.
$ sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
4. Run Rhythmbox music player from Terminal.
5. Rhythmbox music player running on Ubuntu 12.10.
Please visit Rhythmbox website to know more information about it at rhythmbox project.