Linux Mint 14 (Code name Nadia) was released on Nov 30, 2012. This article shows you step by step installation of newly released Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) Desktop Mate edition. It’s available in two flavors i.e ‘MATE‘ and ‘Cinnamon‘ Desktop environment.
If you are looking for XFCE Desktop, then read the following article that shows the step-by-step installation guide of XFCE Desktop on Linux Mint 14 with screenshots.
Features of Linux Mint 14 (Nadia)
- Mint 1.4 and Cinnamon 1.6 Desktop.
- Workspace OSD
- Quick-List and Notifications Applet
- Alt-Tab Thumbnails and Window Previews
- NEMO File browser
What’s new in Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) Click here to know more new features
Download Linux Mint 14 RC Mate and Cinnamon DVD ISO’s
The final release of Linux Mint 14 is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and it will also be available for download in ISO format for both editions MATE and Cinnamon separately.
Direct Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Direct Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Torrent Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Mate Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Torrent Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 32-Bit
- Download Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon Edition Torrent DVD ISO – 64-Bit
Installation of Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) with Screenshots
1. Boot Computer with Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) Installation CD/DVD or ISO.
2. It’ll take you directly to live environment where you find out the test the Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) else install it double clicking on desktop CD icon ‘Install Linux Mint’
3. Select Language and click on continue.
4. Next Screen shows few requirement like 6.1 GB disk space and internet connection to update packages post installation.
5. Partitioning screen where you can define your own partitions. Best way is to select “Erase disk and install Linux Mint” and click continue.
6. Choose drive to install Linux Mint.
7. Choose time zone.
8. Choose keyboard layout if required.
9. Type your name, desired username and password to future use and click on continue.
10. Linux Mint is being installed, it may take several minutes.
11. Installation of Linux Mint is completed. eject CD/DVD if any and reboot system.
12. Linux Mint desktop rebooted, supply username and password which was supplied during installation.
13. Linux Mint 14 Desktop (MATE) is ready to use. This is the end of installation part.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- TeamViewer 9 Released – Install on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora and Debian/Ubuntu - December 8, 2013
- CentOS 6.5 Released – Upgrade from CentOS 6.x to CentOS 6.5 - December 2, 2013
- Upgrade Linux Mint 15 (Olivia) to Linux Mint 16 (Petra) - December 1, 2013
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.