Xubuntu 12.10 Desktop (Quantal Quetzal) Linux Installation Guide
Xubuntu Linux is a community developed Ubuntu based Linux Operating System. It is good alternate for those who do not want to use GNOME or UNITY desktop environment and also said that Xubuntu is optimized for lower-end systems with light weight XFCE desktop environment. Latest stable version is 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal).
Direct Download Xubuntu 12.10 Desktop DVD ISO’s
Xubuntu 12.10 has been released and you can download from here or follow below links.
Torrent Download Xubuntu 12.10 Desktop DVD ISO’s
If you know how to use torrents, then we highly recommend you all to use torrent downloads.
Let us start the installation of Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) Desktop. The installation is pretty simple and doesn’t offer many options during installation process.
Installation of XUbuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) Desktop
1. Boot Computer with Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) Desktop Installation CD/DVD or ISO.
2. Welcome screen of Xubuntu 12.10, click on Install Xubuntu to start.
3. Preparing to install Xubuntu, Check if you want to “Download updates while installing” and “Install this third-party software” Click on continue.
4. Hard Disk partitioning section. I choose “Erase disk and install Xubuntu“. You can select other options in case of custom partitions.
5. Select nearest city in your time zone.
6. Keyboard layout selection if applicable.
7. Fill your name and pick username along with password. The username and password will be used post installation and click on continue.
8. Installation is in progress. This may take several minutes.
9. Installation is completed, eject CD/DVD and restart.
10. Login screen post installation. Supply username and password created during installation.
11. Xubuntu XFCE Desktop.
12. Xubuntu base system is ready to use.
Please visit to know more about Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)