Ubuntu 13.04 non LTS “Raring Ringtail” was released for Desktop, Server and Cloud on 25 April 2013 and made available for download. Also Ubuntu Founder Mark Shuttleworth has already made a announced of ‘Saucy Salamander‘ as code name for their upcoming ‘Ubuntu 13.10‘ release. Ubuntu non LTS support has been reduced for 9 months after Ubuntu 13.04 release onwards, earlier it was 18 months.
Download Ubuntu 13.04 ISO Images
Use following download links to get the latest Ubuntu 13.04.
Users who are using older version of Ubuntu 12.10, there will be an automatic upgrade to 13.04 offered via Update Manager. For more information on how to upgrading, see:
In this article you will find simple steps to install newly released Ubuntu 13.04 “Raring Ringtail” with screenshots.
Ubuntu 13.04 Installation Guide
1. Boot Computer with Ubuntu 13.04 Installation CD/DVD or ISO.
2. You may visit selecting ‘Try Ubuntu‘ else Select ‘Install Ubuntu‘ to install on Hard Disk.
3. Prepare to install Ubuntu. Select both the options if you have internet connectivity in your system. (Keep system up to date during installation.)
4. Installation type. Select ‘Erase disk and install Ubuntu‘ as we don’t have other Operating system installed.
5. Select your location, location will be selected automatically if you are connected with internet.
6. Select your Keyboard layout.
7. Enter user login and password details.
8. Copying files on Hard Disk started….. Relax, it may take several minutes.
9. That’s it. Installation Completed. Eject CD/DVD and restart system.
10. Login screen.
11. Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop. Enjoy exploring Ubuntu…
Please visit Ubuntu wiki for technical details.