Fedora project announced released of 19th version of its Linux distribution “Fedora 19″ code name ‘Schrödinger’s Cat’ on July 02 2013 with GNOME 3.8. In this release “Initial Setup” has been included which was supposed to included in Fedora 18 releases. In “Initial Setup” user will be select Language, keyboard layout, add cloud services etc. Also new user can be created if no user created during installation. In this article, we’ll see pictorial installation guide of newly released Fedora 19.
Fedora 19 has been available with latest and greatest versions. Some of the features are:
- Linux kernel version 3.9.5
- GNOME 3.8
- KDE 4.10
- MATE 1.6
- LibreOffice 4.1
- Default database is MariaDB instead of MySQL (Oracle will make MySQL closed-source)
Please visit to know Fedora 19 complete features.
Download Fedora 19 DVD ISO Images
Fedora 19 in different desktop flavors are available to download using following links.
Download Fedora 19 DVD
Fedora 19 GNOME Desktop
- Download Fedora 19 GNOME Desktop 32-bit – (919 MB)
- Download Fedora 19 GNOME Desktop 64-bit – (951 MB)
Fedora 19 KDE Desktop
Fedora 19 Xfce Desktop
- Download Fedora 19 Xfce Live 32-Bit DVD – (588 MB)
- Download Fedora 19 Xfce Live 64-Bit DVD – (621 MB)
Fedora 19 LXDE Desktop
- Download Fedora 19 LXDE Live 32-Bit DVD – (656 MB)
- Download Fedora 19 LXDE Live 64-Bit DVD – (691 MB)
Fedora 19 ‘Schrödinger’s Cat’ Installation Guide Steps
1. Boot Computer with Fedora 19 installation media. You may press ‘ENTER‘ key to Start Fedora 19 else it will start within specific time automatically. While starting fedora 19 installer you will get two options ‘Start Fedora 19′ and ‘Troubleshooting’.
2. Choose “Install to Hard Drive” or choose “Live Fedora” from Live media if you want to give a try.
3. Select language and click on “Continue“.
4. “Installation Summary” where settings like location, date and time, keyboard, software and storage can be done clicking & setting up one-by-one.
5. Date, Time and locale settings.
6. Choose Installation destination i.e hard drive and click on ‘DONE‘.
7. Installation options, where you can view and modified filesystem as per requirement. In this post we have used automatic partitions.
8. Choose keyboard layout and click on ‘DONE‘.
9. Give hostname and click on ‘DONE‘.
10. Once done everything, it is now all set to begin installation. Click on “Begin Installation“.
11. Give root password and create users.
12. Set root password.
13. User creation details.
14. Root password is set and user is also created. Now relax installation is being processed.
15. Installation completed. Reboot system after ejecting media.
16. Fedora 19 Boot Menu options.
17. Booting Fedora 19.
18. Fedora 19 Login Screen.
19. GNOME ‘Initial Setup‘ screen.
20. GNOME ‘Initial Setup‘ select input sources.
21. GNOME ‘Initial Setup‘ Add cloud account.
22. GNOME ‘Initial Setup‘. Now base system is ready to use. Initial setup can be changed anytime in Settings.
23. Fedora 19 ‘Schrödinger’s Cat‘ Desktop Screen.
Latest posts by Narad Shrestha (see all)
- Install MariaDB 5.5 Database in RHEL/CentOS/Fedora and Debian/Ubuntu - March 19, 2014
- Aptik – A Tool to Backup/Restore Your Favourite PPAs and Apps in Ubuntu - February 13, 2014
- I-Nex – An Advanced Tool to Collect System/Hardware Information in Linux - February 7, 2014
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.