Fedora 20 (Heisenbug) Released – Download DVD ISO Images
On 17th December 2013, The Fedora Project team officially announced the release of Fedora 20 codenamed “Heisenbug” and made available for both 32-bit or 64-bit architectures.
Sadly, this 20th release of Fedora is dedicated to Mr. Seth Vidal, a developer who passed away in a road accident this year.
On July 8th 2013, The Fedora Project team lost Mr. Seth Vidal, a brilliant and was a lead contributor to Yum and Fedora update repository system. He worked to assure that the technical and association infrastructure of Fedora worked well and persistently for users and contributors all over the world.
Directly and indirectly Seth impressed the lives of millions of Fedora contributors and others developing the maturity of using and updating Fedora.
This was one of the hefty release announced by the Fedora project on their 10th anniversary. The first release of Fedora Core 1 came out on 6th November 2003, after that Fedora project community has grown drastically by releasing their versions every six months.
Features of Fedora 20 “Heisenbug”
- GNOME has been updated to 3.10 version, which includes several new applications and features such as new gnome-music, gnome-maps, new system status menu, Zimbra support in Evolution and much more.
- KDE Plasma Workspaces reached version 4.11 and includes features such as better Nepomuk indexing, enhancements to Kontact, KScreen integration in KWin, Support for Metalink/HTTP for KGet and much more.
- Spins are alternate to various desktop environments for Fedora and are available as tailored environments for several types of users through hand-picked application sets or customizations.
- Ruby on Rails has been updated to version 4.0 and brings upgraded functionality, speed, security and improved modularization.
- WildFly 8 is the updated version of the application server earlier known as JBoss Application Server. Now with WildFly 8, it’s feasible to run Java EE 7 applications with unparalleled speed.
- Network Manager is gaining certain improvements that will add additional features to users and system administrations. Now User’s will able to add, delete, edit, enable and disable network connections via the nmcli command line tool, which will really makes life much easier for non-desktop uses of Fedora.
Download Fedora 20 DVD ISO Images
We have provided the following links for downloading Fedora 20 DVD ISO images via web or ftp.
Download Fedora 20 DVD
Fedora 20 Network Install CD
- Download Fedora 20 Network Install 32-bit CD – (357 MB)
- Download Fedora 20 Network Install 64-bit CD – (321 MB)