Ubuntu is a most popular and most used Linux distribution out there, importantly, it is leading the way in drawing attention to Linux on desktop machines and on servers as well.
More so, it is one of the many recommended distributions for computer users planning to shift from other operating systems to learning and using Linux, because of the high level of convenience it offers new Linux users as compared to several other well known distributions.
The current stable and major release of Ubuntu Linux is Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus, therefore, beginners interested in understanding the ins and outs of Ubuntu can now take advantage of the Getting Started with Ubuntu 16.04 manual.
The Getting Started with Ubuntu 16.04 is a free, open source and detailed beginners guide for mastering Ubuntu Linux. It is produced under the open source license, meaning, interested users can read, edit and share it.
It has got the following remarkable earmarks:
- Its free and has a progressive learning curve, where users start with the fundamentals and then advance through the different chapters
- It’s easy to understand, offering step-by-step simple instructions with several screen shots for detailed illustration
- Provides everything in a single bundle
- Its translated in more than 52 languages and also printer friendly
- Adds in a troubleshooting section
- Its produced under CC-BY-SA licensing, therefore, users can download, read, modify and share it.
What’s in this Book?
This 137 paged manual covers the following major topics:
- The Ubuntu Desktop
- Working with Ubuntu
- Software management
- Advanced Topics
- Learning More
To get the free copy of the book, simply subscribe to our newsletter here.
As a conclusion, this whole project was started with an aim of creating and maintaining quality documentation for Ubuntu Linux and its derivatives such as Linux Mint, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Elementary OS among others.