Xnoise 0.2.19 Media Player Relased – Install in Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Fedora
Xnoise is an open source media player for GTK+ with an excellent user interface, great speed and lots of other new features that allows users to listen music and play videos.
Xnoise can able to play every kind of video/audio format data. The Xnoise interface provides a easy search function where you can easily search the library and drag each artist, album or title to the track-list by in any order position.
The queued tracks (audio or video) in track-list are played one-by-one without being removed and can be removed, inserted, re-ordered any track the way you want.
Recently, Xnoise 0.2.19 has been released and integrated a large number of new exciting features.
Xnoise 0.2.19 Features
- The last song in random mode now no more ignored.
- Implemented new GUI updates.
- Compilation of application with valac 0.22 is now possible.
- Various changes have done for settings dialog.
- Added media browser option to app menu.
- Fixes rendering background, desktop file fixes and Localization fixes.
- Play media files using GStreamer plugin from Youtube channels.
- Added search feature to new Album Art view.
- Automatic album art fetching.
To know the complete list of other changes and features, visit at xnoise-media-player.
Please watch the attached video by the Xnoise developer, where he demonstrating some of the features available in the Xnoise 0.2.19 version.
Installation of Xnoise 0.2.19 Media Player
From the Desktop, open the terminal by pressing CTRL + ALT + T and run the following commands to install Xnoise Media Player in Ubuntu/Xubuntu 13.04/12.10/12.04/11.10, Linux Mint 15/14/13 and Fedora 19/18.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:shkn/xnoise $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install xnoise
On Fedora 19/18
Open a terminal and run the following command to install latest available xnoise version.
# yum install xnoise
Starting Xnoise 0.2.19 Media Player
Run the following command from the Desktop to start the Xnoise Media Player.
$ sudo xnoise OR # xnoise
Xnoise Media Player Screenshots
Xnoise sources are available for download for other Linux distributions via GitHub.