OpenSUSE 12.3 Linux is out recently. OpenSUSE Linux is widely used and complete Linux distribution developed by the community supported openSUSE Project sponsored by Novell. OpenSUSE Linux is stable and easy to use multi-purpose distribution that freely available for download. It comes in several editions for the x86 and x86-64 architectures. In this post we are going to see step by step installation guide of openSUSE 12.3 on (32Bit) system with screenshots.
From openSUSE homepage
It is aimed towards users and developers working on the desktop or server. It is great for beginners, experienced users and ultra geeks alike, in short, it is perfect for everybody! The latest release, openSUSE 12.3, features new and massively improved versions of all useful server and desktop applications. It comes with more than 1,000 open source applications.
OpenSUSE 12.3 Features
- Ships with PostgreSQL 9.2 database.
- Linux Kernel version 3.7 (New and improved features).
- Supports for ARM, UEFI and experimental support for Secure Boot enabled hardware.
- openSUSE 12.3 move to systemd and it has dropped SysV init.
To know more information about OpenSUSE 12.3 features and change log, visit the OpenSuse project page.
Direct Download OpenSuse 12.3 DVD ISO Images
Torrent Download OpenSuse 12.3 DVD ISO Images
Installation of OpenSUSE 12.3 Linux with Screenshots
1. Boot your system with OpenSUSE 12.3 installation media i.e CD/DVD or ISO image.
2. Choose installation options to install openSUSE 12.3 on you system. Please select openSUSE 12.3 GNOME Live options to test it, before installation.
3. Loading Linux kernel.
4. Welcome screen, From where we can select Language and keyboard layout. Read license agreement and proceed further installation once agreed.
5. Clock and timezone settings.
6. Please click on change if you want custom setting of date and time. You can change it manually or sync with NTP Server as show below. Click Accept once done.
7. File system partitioning. We opted default filesystem partition. You may choose manual filesystem partitioning as options provided.
8. Create new user and it’s password. Uncheck all three options. Click on change to select authentication method.
9. Please select authentication method and click on Accept.
10. Set root user password and click on Next.
11. Verify settings, you may change settings after clicking on headlines or click on Change button. Once done click on Install.
12. Installation confirmation. Click on Install to proceed.
13. Performing installation. Creating volume and formatting filesystem for installation. Sit back and relax… This may take several time.
14. Installation completed, remove installation media and click on Reboot Now.
15. Post installation.
16. Login screen. Supply password for user created during installation.
17. openSUSE 12.3 Desktop.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.