10. Now, it’s time to define a Share, choose Sharing from left side. Here we need to choose the common sharing method let we choose CIFS sharing it can be accessible from every operating system environments.
To create a CIFS (samba) sharing click on Add windows CIFS Share. In popup window give the name for share as “tecmint_broadcast” and choose the tecmedia data-set from the browse. We need to allow anonymous users to access the media files in our dataset Choose “Allow Guest Access” and click OK to save the configuration.
12. After saving above configuration, it will prompt you to enable service choose YES to enable the samba share.
Step 3: Enabling Plex Media Plugins
13. To enable plugins, choose Plugins Menu from the top. By default it will list the available plugins. Choose plexmediaserver and click on install. While prompt for confirmation click on Ok to install the Plugins. The plugin installation will take some time as it downloads all plugins needed for FreeNAS.
The above step will download all the packages which included in the default repository. If you wish to download only specific plugin, you can use wget. For example, here is a sample transmission plugin download using wget command from the FreeNAS Plugin Repo.
# wget --progress=dot http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/transmission-2.82-amd64.pbi
After downloading the package we can install it from the Plugins TAB by uploading the downloaded plugin. This way you can install as many as plugins or all plugins locally with the help of the following command.
# wget -r --progress=dot http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/
Step 4: Adding Storage for Jails
14. Choose Jails Menu and select the added jails from the list, as we have added plexmediaserver choose it and add the storage for our jails. While selecting the jails we can see the menu in the bottom.
15. Click on Add Storage and choose the source as our dataset “tecmedia” choose the destination as media by default. Click OK to add the storage.
16. Next, we need to enable the plex media plugin, select Plugins and choose the Installed Plugins menu. Now under Service Status, we can see it’s in OFF status, Click on it to ON the plex media server.
17. Click the Plugins in left side pane and choose PlexMediaServer, then check the “Disable remote Security” and click on OK to save the changes made.
Again Select the PlexmediaServer and Click on “here” It will redirect to Plex media setup screen.
Step 5: Plex Media Server UI Setup
18. From the Plex Media setup screen, you need to accept the Licence agreement.
19. Click on + sign to add the media library.
20. Here I’m choosing Movies and click next to give a name for my Library.