How to Install WordPress 4.9 On Ubuntu 16.10/16.04 Using LAMP Stack

Aaron Kili

Aaron Kili is a Linux and F.O.S.S enthusiast, an upcoming Linux SysAdmin, web developer, and currently a content creator for TecMint who loves working with computers and strongly believes in sharing knowledge.

1. chris says:

I followed all the steps, but when I entered my server address in my browser it shows the apache2 default page index. Really need help. Thank you.

2. Mohit Pratap says:

Thank you so much. Very helpfull.

3. Rahul Barua says:

This blog save my day.. thanks a lot

4. Jack H says:

Quick addition! When I want to, say, host 5 wordpress sites on this server, one will need to follow these directions here:

If you could add this to your article, that would be VERY helpful for those looking to host several websites! :)

• Aaron Kili says:

@Jack

Thanks for the recommendation, we will find a way to add instructions to host multiple wordpress sites to this article or prepare a whole new article.

• Jack H. says:

THANK YOU! I have an IIS+PHP+Wordpress+MySQL setup, and host 9 websites from my house. I’d LOVE the stability and security of Linux as the backend, so I’m interested in making the leap! I’m marking this comment for follow-up via email. :) Thanks!

5. Hemant says:

I am not able to edit my wp-config.php file as it has Read-Only permission. How do I edit it?

6. John Chen says:

When I tried to do this, I got a forbidden error.

7. MNassar says:

This was pretty great. I followed the step and could get wordpress running on my server. However, when I navigate to http://server_address, I still get the apache test page not the wordpress landing page.

8. Richard says:

I followed these directions using Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS. When connecting from another computer, it tells me “Error establishing a database connection.” Any thoughts?

9. msrobin says:

This is by far the best explanation that I have seen for WordPress installation on Ubuntu Using LAMP Stack. Thank you very much. Very straight forward direction. Nicely written!

10. Ankit says:

I really found it helpfull , easy to reproduce steps!

Thanks