This article shows you Fedora 17 installation with screen prints. Fedora project has released it’s seventeenth edition of it’s popular Linux distribution with code-named Beefy Miracle on 29 May 2012. Fedora 17 ships with Linux Kernel Version 3.3.4, it’s really a win-win situation for those who are regular user and interested in Fedora Linux. There are lots of new features are added. To know more about new features, please visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/FeatureList.
According to DistroWatch, Fedora is the fourth most visited Linux-based operating system on their site as of July 2012, behind Mint, Ubuntu and Mageia and it is the most visited RPM-based Linux distribution.
Download Fedora 17 DVD ISO
Fedora 17 DVD
Fedora 17 Network Install CD
- Download Fedora 17 32-bit Network Install CD ISO – (199 MB)
- Download Fedora 17 64-bit Network Install CD ISO – (162 MB)
Fedora 17 Desktop Edition
Fedora 17 Step by Step Graphical Installation Guide
Boot Computer with Fedora 17 Installation CD/DVD
1. Select Install or Upgrade Fedora.
2. Language Selection.
3. Select appropriate Keyboard.
4. Select Basic Storage device, if your hard drive is locally attached.
5. Storage device Warning, Click Yes to discard any data.
6. Set Hostname for your Fedora installation.
7. Click on Configure Network button if you want to configure network during installation.
8. Click Wired tab and click on Add button. Select Connect automatically, go to ipv4 settings tab and select Method and select Manual in drop down. Fill address box with IP Address, Netmask, Gateway and DNS.
9. Select nearest city in your Time Zone.
10. Set root password.
11. Select appropriate Partition as per your requirement.
12. Verify Filesystem partition here or you can edit filesystem if you want.
13. Format Warning, click on Format if you are OK with it.
14. If you are confirmed, then click on Write Change to Disk.
15. Filesystem Formatting.
16. Install Boot Loader and if you want to set password for Boot Loader set it.
17. Click on Customize now and select your software’s for installation and then click on Next.
18. Select optional Packages and click on Next install it.
19. Installation started, this may take several minutes as per selection of packages. Have a cuppa of tea or coffee.
20. Packages installation is in progress.
21. Installation completed, Please remove CD/DVD and Reboot system.
22. Screen of GRUB Boot Loader, use arrow keys to select Fedora Linux to boot.
23. Post installation of Fedora 17, Welcome Screen.
24. License Information.
25. Create non-administrative user.
26. Set Date and Time for the system.
27. Hardware Profile Submitting to Fedora Project.
28. First Login Screen of Fedora 17.
29. Fedora 17 Desktop Screen.
This is end of Fedora 17 Installation. Liked the Post? Sharing is the best way to say thank you.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- How to Install GUI (Gnome 3) Using CD/DVD on RHEL/CentOS 7 - December 18, 2014
- Wine 1.7.33 (Development Version) Released – Install in RedHat and Debian Based Systems - December 13, 2014
- How to Enable RPMForge Repository in RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x - December 12, 2014