KWheezy is a Debian based Linux operating system developed for general use of desktop computing. It features pre-configured KDE desktop and a very good selection of GNU/Linux and Open Source software. It is fully featured with popular applications such as plugins, drivers, fonts, media codecs that you need on a regular basis.
- 100% compatible with Debian 7.1
- Virtual Box to run multiple guest operating systems.
- Jitsi (multi-instant protocol messaging with audio and video calling).
- WINE (Windows compatible layer).
- Audacity (Sound editor) and Kdenlive (video editor).
- Imagination (DVD slideshow creator).
- PDFMod (you can merge re-arrange and split PDF documents).
- It has Inbuilt Remastering tool.
- VLC and Clementine music player.
- Pre-installed all plugins drivers and media codecs.
- Gimp, Krita (bitmap graphics editors)
- It is Fast and more reliable than Windows.
- User friendly and Flexible desktop computing experience.
- Get huge bundle of free software’s in the App Store.
- Multiple Languages support
The KWheezy Desktop
The Default KWheezy Desktop looks absolutely stunning and beautiful.
For better and smooth performance of multi-tasking, 3D workspace has four workspaces. If in case one workspace gets cluttered, you can easily move to another empty workspace. You can always switch between workspaces with one click. KDE provides stunning 3D effects which makes desktop more beautiful and fun.
The Applications menu
All the applications are categorised by genre, so it makes you easy to find the apps that better suits your next task.
Shelf (Panel Widget)
The shelf is a shortcut widget that helps you to access frequently visited place quickly and easily. With the help of search toolbar at the top you can easily search for an application, services, files and folders.
The combination of Alt+F2 keys is very useful. You can see the pop-up on the top of the screen. Type description of the App you want. It will automatically display a short list of quickly launch application. It will also find files and folders of relevant description you type. You will also have spell checker and search Wikipedia.
Dolphin (File Manager)
Dolphin is the default file manager in KDE. It’s one of the most powerful and user friendly file manager and very customizable, you can even add your own services and get access to the shared folders like FTP, SMB/CIFS,Windows shares via Samba etc very easily.
Dolphin- Preview Mode
It is a toolbar button which helps you to switch on/off the preview mode. You can customize the file that you want to be previewed by file type, location and size.
KWheezy Autostart Chooser
The KWheezy Autostart Chooser enables you to choose useful applications to automatically start at login to your system.
KWheezy Manage Users
KWheezy Manage Users, is a place where you can Add/Remove or Modify users. It is a graphical interface for command ‘adduser‘. Hence it follows the configuration in “/etc/addusers.conf“.
Apper – Add / Remove Software
Apper Manager Software allows you to download and install newest packages from the official Debian or any appropriate third party repositories. The apper manager has a huge collection of software packages which are divided into categories to make you easier to search files by name and description using filter bar.
KWheezy OS is an attractive spin of Debian. I surely recommend KWheezy for users who are new to Linux World or those who want to give a try Debian the easier way. As I said above, KWheezy bundled with huge collection of applications which provides out of the box experience to users and makes it a decent choice for newbies.
KWheezy is perfect for those users who like to have lots of application, but if you would like to have custom created applications list and a pleasant system, then go for Debian 7 Wheezy KDE.
Download KWheezy 1.1 ISO
You can download KWheezy 1.1 for 32 and 64 bit versions using following links.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- CentOS 6.5 Released – Upgrade from CentOS 6.x to CentOS 6.5 - December 2, 2013
- Upgrade Linux Mint 15 (Olivia) to Linux Mint 16 (Petra) - December 1, 2013
- How to Get Root and User SSH Login Email Alerts - November 28, 2013
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.