Arch Linux Installation and Configuration on UEFI Machines

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. Daniel says:

Just wonder about the step where you wrote eno16777736. Where do I find this and do I write this if I don’t use Virtual Machine?

2. chris says:

Hi I am wondering if this is possible without the Ethernet connection? How would I go about this via wifi? I am trying to install arch on a acer chrome-book 14. So far I have to rewrite/update the firmware with (UEFI) Full ROM. Then I can work on installing arch Linux from there.

Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

3. axl7777 says:

Had to add EFI dir to grub install to work in virtualbox:

grub-install –target=x86_64-efi –bootloader-id=grub_uefi –recheck –efi-directory=/boot/EFI

4. Yves says:

This post should honestly be in the official Arch documentation. This works 100% Congrats on the Author and thank you for your post.

5. David says:

At step 11 when i do ls /mnt it only shows lost+found.

6. amit says:

Superb finally something Working…

7. mattgyver says:

Great tutorial, thank you!

May I suggest one thing to add before reboot.

$ echo KEYMAP=your_keymap > /etc/vconsole.conf

8. Manthan says:

Great and very informative tutorial. Thank you for the post. Can you please also make such tutorial for Arch Linux dual boot with Windows 10? Again, thanks.

• ZuleikaRose says:

Manthan he does not need to make another tutorial. Windows should be installed first then install Arch Linux second. This will locate Windows and add it to the grub menu.

Open a terminal and type the following.

Install and configure bootloader:

# mkinitcpio -p linux
      # pacman -S grub os-prober
      # grub-install /dev/sda
      # grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
      # shutdown -f -r -t 0

9. subbu says:

Superb explanation. Though extended it for minimal installation packages after OS installation.

10. erik dubois says:

great tutorial as always..:)