Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Installation on RHEL/CentOS 6.x/5.x/4.x

Narad Shrestha

He has over 10 years of rich IT experience which includes various Linux Distros, FOSS and Networking. Narad always believes sharing IT knowledge with others and adopts new technology with ease.

1. Bibek tyagi says:

Hi
    I could not able to download zip file

2. sanjay says:

Hi Ravi,

I am using oracle db 12.1.0 on centos 7 64 bit.I would like take automatic backup on NAS Server please suggest to me how to take it.

3. abhishek says:

Please,tell me how to create two instance on same centos 6.4 machine

4. Matt Read says:

Whenever I change:

“/etc/security/limits.d/90-nproc.conf”

My VM crashes when I reboot. I get this.

“The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point.”

5. Bibek says:

I am getting below error while unzipping the database file, tried with wget mirror still same issue, please help.
    ————————————
    unzip linux_11gR2_database_1of2.zip
    Archive: linux_11gR2_database_1of2.zip
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of linux_11gR2_database_1of2.zip or
    linux_11gR2_database_1of2.zip.zip, and cannot find linux_11gR2_database_1of2.zip.ZIP, period.

@Bibek,
      I think your download is incomplete, try to download files again on different machine, then move them to server.

6. abhijit says:

Dear Frnds I followed all the steps and installed it on my centos6.5 machine and 1st time I login through sys user and then I restart my machine and then hit the the same link again (https://192.168.0.4:1158/em ) but then I cannot login ???????…..

7. saif says:

Hello, I completed the installation, but I am only able to connect to the database from my desktop running windows, with sqldeveloper by tunneling. The error I keep getting is that the connection was reset

8. MD Monowar Hossain says:

Witch version of OS are you use install oracle 11g 64bit & 32bit

9. kamil says:

Ok, it managed it to work, i just used the gui firewall application and added a rule in there. I don’t know why this iptables rule didn’t work.

10. kamil says:

i have problem connecting to em from outside the server. My server ip is 192.168.2.11 and when i open https://192.168.2.11:1158/em or https://localhost:1158/em on server it’s working fine but from another computer it isn’t. I put the rule in iptables but it didn’t help. What can be wrong?