When you build a web site, even using the CMS, sooner or later you will need to edit the source code of pages to give the site an individual look and functionality. Every webmaster should understand HTML, CSS, and preferably, PHP code. But knowing and understanding the code is only one part of the good skill. The other part is to be able to choose and get used to a proper and convenient tool for working with code. Choice is huge from simple virtual notebooks to multifunctional IDEs (Integrated Development Environment).
Primary, but not a complete list of features and functions of CodeLobster PHP Edition is:
- HTML/CSS inspector (Firebug-style)
- Built-in PHP debugger and parser
- Automatic syntax checking
- Zen coding support
- Code collapsing
- Class view
- Multi tabs for different files
- FTP support
- DB management support
- And much more.
As for PHP there is a full-fledged PHP debugger and code parser that provides the complete structure of your project together with a list of suitable in a concrete place methods; the code is highlighted for easy visual perception of operators and tags; context and dynamic help for functions is obvious; auto filling for functions, methods and variables of classes speed your work together with tooltips.
For HTML CodeLobster PHP Edition provides auto-complete and attributes for current tag, marks for paired tags, appropriate attributes and attribute values and dynamic help for syntax.
SQL is also powerfully supported, which allows you to manage your DB assets, execute queries, export and import data, etc.
FTP support makes working with remote files as if they are on your local machine. Popular frameworks and libraries like jQuery, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Yii and Symphone are also presented by such functionality as auto competition, context and dynamic help, controller and view navigation.
Codelobster PHP Edition can be installed with the help of typical Windows installer from distribution package, downloaded from:
Setup process is simple and consists of several steps:
- Accept the license agreement
- Choose installation directory
- Choose file type associations to be opened in the program
- Choose between standard or portable versions
- Select color scheme (own or similar to different popular code editor)
- Choose language
- Choose plugins that you need for you work.
Though the basic functionality of Codelobster PHP Edition is free, you will need a serial number for professional version or for chosen plugins to work after the trial 30-days period. You can obtain free serial number after short and simple registration on the web site.
When you type the code, tool-tips pops-up, providing you with the list of all possible and suitable words for the defined place.
Despite rich functionality of this IDE, it will not be a big problem to deal with all the tools, presented in the program, and after spending some time getting used to Codelobster PHP Edition interface, the quality and speed of your development process will increase greatly at the same time delivering a pleasure from work.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- How to Install GUI (Gnome 3) Using CD/DVD on RHEL/CentOS 7 - December 18, 2014
- Wine 1.7.33 (Development Version) Released – Install in RedHat and Debian Based Systems - December 13, 2014
- How to Enable RPMForge Repository in RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x - December 12, 2014