Kali Linux (formerly known as BackTrack Linux) announced the release of Kali Linux Version 1.0.6 on January 9, 2014. Kali Linux is a Debian based distribution specially focused on penetration testing and digital forensics use.
From Project Page
Kali Linux is the new generation of the industry-leading BackTrack Linux penetration testing and security auditing Linux distribution. Kali Linux is a complete re-build of BackTrack from the ground up, adhering completely to Debian development standards.
Highlights of Kali Linux Verson 1.0.6 :
- Kali Linux is built on a Debian based Operating system.
- Kali Linux 1.0.6 includes an awesome feature called “emergency self-destruction of LUKS,” which enables users to instantly nuke the whole installation in case of an urgency.
- This new release includes Linux Kernel 3.12, new Kali ARM image scripts, Kali AMAZON AMI, Kali Google Compute image generation scripts and many other new interesting changes.
- Kali Linux includes Metasploit, Wireshark, John the Ripper, Nmap and Aircrack-ng and approx. 300 different penetration testing tools.
- FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) compliant and has improved for ARM support.
- Seamless upgrades between major releases.
- Kali can run on Samsung Chrome books (Personal Computer), Available for ARM devices like ss808, ODROID U2 and even in the Raspberry Pi (credit-card-sized single-board computer).
Kali Linux Screenshots
1. Booting from Live CD:
2. Kali Linux GNOME Desktop:
3. Kali Linux with various Penetration Testing tools:
Direct Download Kali Linux DVD ISO Images
Direct Download of Kali Linux for 32 Bit and 64 Bit Mini ISO Images (21MB) and GNOME ISO Images (3.0GB) can be downloaded from the following links.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- How to Install GUI (Gnome 3) Using CD/DVD on RHEL/CentOS 7 - December 18, 2014
- Wine 1.7.33 (Development Version) Released – Install in RedHat and Debian Based Systems - December 13, 2014
- How to Enable RPMForge Repository in RHEL/CentOS 7.x/6.x/5.x - December 12, 2014