This article is our first step into Debian based Linux distribution. Ubuntu is most popular for Desktop/Laptop or Personal Computer, Server and for Cloud Computing. We have received numbers of queries from our readers related to Ubuntu due to which we have decided to start writing articles in Ubuntu. Canonical Ltd or Ubuntu Foundation has released Ubuntu 12.10 (Code name Quantal Quetzal) recently.
There are new features like Web Apps, Online Search, Dash previews, Easy Full-Disk Encryption (Enable during installation) etc. You may visit to know more about Ubuntu 12.10 features.
This article shows you the installation of Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop edition with screenshots. We also cover the installation of Ubuntu 12.10 Server edition.
Download Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop ISO’s
Ubuntu 12.10 has been released and you can download from here or follow below links.
Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop Installation Guide
1. Boot Computer with Ubuntu 12.10 Installation CD/DVD or ISO.
2. Welcome screen of Ubuntu 12.10
3. Preparing to install Ubuntu, select options and click continue.
4. Installation type selection.
5. Select nearest city in your time zone.
6. Keyboard selection.
7. Fill information and continue.
8. Installation is in progress. This may take several minutes.
9. Installation is completed, eject CD/DVD and restart.
10. Booting your Ubuntu Box.
11. Login screen.
12. Ubuntu Desktop.
13. Ubuntu Desktop with system settings.
That’s it. Ubuntu is now installed. We have also included two videos below, that describes installation process with some useful features that comes with this release.
Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop Installation Guide Video
Ubuntu 12.10 Desktop – See What’s New
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- Google Chrome 39 Released – Install on RHEL/CentOS 7/6 and Fedora 20-15 - November 21, 2014
- Wine 1.7.31 (Development Version) Released – Install in RedHat and Debian Based Systems - November 14, 2014
- Download of The Day: CentOS 7 Released – Download DVD ISO Images - July 8, 2014