qBittorent is a Bittorent client which is developed to provide free software alternative of utorrent. It’s a Cross platform torrent client which provides the same features on all the major platforms like Linux, Ubuntu, Mac OS X and Windows.
qBittorent has recently released its new version v3.3.5 with some rich features as follows:
Some of it Main features qBittorent are listed below:
- Simultaneous multiple torrents downloads
- Integrated torrent search engine
- Added RSS feed reader and downloader
- Good internationalization
- Support for DHT, PeX, Encryption, LSD, UPnP, NAT-PMP, µTP
- Torrent queue and prioritizing
- Control over files in a torrent
- Better µTorrent-like interface with Qt4 toolkit
- IP filtering (eMule dat files or PeerGuardian files)
- Display Peer with country and hostname resolution
- More control over torrent trackers
- Torrent creation tool
- Remote control via Secure Web User Interface
Installing qBittorrent in Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint
qBittorrent is now officially available in repositories. So, you can install latest stable qBittorrent in Debian 8/7/6, Ubuntu 16.04-12.10 and Linux Mint 17-13 by adding following PPA to the system.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
Installing qBittorrent in Fedora
qBittorrent is officially packaged on Fedora distribution. To install qBittorrent in Fedora 24-18, use the following command.
# yum install qbittorrent [On Fedora 18-22] # dnf install qbittorrent [On Fedora 23-24]
The qBittorrent also available for other Linux distributions, Windows and Mac OS X, see the qBittorrent downloads page.
Read Also : Install FrostWire BitTorrent Client