10 Core Linux Interview Questions and Answers
Again its time to read some serious content in light mood, Yup! Its another article on Interview question and here we are presenting 10 Core Linux Questions, which surely will add to your knowledge.
1. You need to define a macro, a key binding for the existing command. How would you do it?
[root@localhost ~]# bind '"\e[24~":"date"'
Note : Different types of terminals or terminal emulators can emit different codes for the same key.
2. A user is new to Linux and he wants to know full list of available commands, what would you suggest him?
[root@localhost ~]$ compgen -c l. ll ls which if then else elif fi case esac for select while until do done ...
3. Your assistant needs to print directory stack, what would you suggest?
[root@localhost ~]# dirs /usr/share/X11
4. You have lots of running jobs, how would you remove all the running processes, without restarting the machine?
5. What does the command ‘hash’ is used for in bash Shell?
[root@localhost ~]# hash hits command 2 /bin/ls 2 /bin/su
6. Which builtin Linux command performs arithmetic operation of Integers in Bash?
#! /bin/bash ... ... let c=a+b ... ...
7. You have a large text file, and you need to see one page at a time. What will you do?
[root@localhost ~]# cat file_name.txt | more
8. Who own the data dictionary?
9. How to know a command summary and useability in Linux?
Assume you came across a command in /bin directory, which you are completely unaware of, and have no idea what it does. What will you do to know its useability?
[root@localhost ~]# whatis zcat zcat [gzip] (1) - compress or expand files
10. What command should you use to check the number of files and disk space used by each user’s defined quotas?
That’s all for now. Provide your valuable Feedback in our comment section. Stay tuned for more Linux and Foss posts.