Fuduntu Linux, based on Fedora distribution released its Fuduntu 2013.2 version recently which has a user-friendly, rolling-release with RPM package management and the classic GNOME2 desktop environment. This release comes with many new features, application and bug fixes. It has released with two flavors. A Full version with lots of software installed by default and a new Lite version which uses 3-4GB less hard drive space depending on architecture. It supports Steam gaming and Netflix video streaming. XBMC, the popular media center developed by the XBMC Foundation is also now available in Fuduntu 2013.2 distribution.
Following are well known open source software’s included.
- LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
- GMIP 2.5.4
- Thunderbird 17.0.4
- Kernel 3.8.3-34
- Firefox 19.0.2
- Chromium 25.0.1364.172
Download Fuduntu 2013.2 ISO Images
Fuduntu 2013.2 iso files are available for i686 and x86_64 (both Full and Lite version). Please use the following direct links to download files.
Read the rest of the release announcement on below links Fuduntu 2013.2 release
Fuduntu 2013.2 Full Version Installation Guide
1. Boot system with Fuduntu 2013.2 Installation media or ISO.
2. Live desktop from where we can install it on Hard Drive.
3. Once you click on Install to Hard Drive, we will now start installation process. Choose keyboard layout and click on ‘Next‘
4. Choose basic storage device as we have locally attached storage.
5. Storage Device Warning click on “Yes, discard any data.
6. Give a Host name.
7. Select nearest city in your time zone.
8. Give root password to set root password.
9. Types of installation, select ‘Replace Existing Linux System(s) and select ‘Review and modify partitioning layout‘
10. Types of installation, Shows partitioning types to verify where we can modify as per need. Click ‘Next‘ to proceed once satisfied with partitions.
11. Format warnings: Click on ‘Format‘
12. Confirmation to format partitions: Click on ‘Write changes to Disk‘
13. Format filesystem partitions.
14. Boot loader installation and password set to GRUB.
15. Installation is started, Relax, it may take few Minutes.
16. Installation Competed. Eject media or ISO and Exit. Reboot system from Live Desktop.
17. Restarting Fuduntu.
18. Post installation welcome screen.
19. Read License information and click on ‘Forward‘
20. Enter the user details and click the ‘Forward‘
21. Set Date and Time, and Click on ‘Finish‘
22. Login Screen.
23. Newly installed Fuduntu 2013.2 Desktop.
Fuduntu Home Page http://www.fuduntu.org/.