Pear OS 8 was released recently. Pear OS main goal is to be an Ubuntu/Debian based Linux Operating System for Desktop, Notebook, Phones and Tablets. Pear OS 8 is based on GNOME but look and feel is similar and inspired from newly released Apple iOS7. Pear Cloud is the newly included feature in Pear OS 8 to backup and sync data over the internet.
You’ll get 2 GB of space to organize your data on Pear Cloud. This post describes the installation of newly released Pear OS 8 version. Pear OS is freely available to download and use which has a simple and powerful interface. You will experience complete multimedia functions and for those users who prefer Apple iOS like operating system.
Recommended Minimum System Requirements
- 700 Mhz CPU Processor
- 512 MB Memory
- 8 GB Free Disk Space
- 1024×768 Screen resolution
- Removable Media drive or USB port
Applications included in Pear OS 8
- Pear Software Center
- Empathy IM
- Pear Cloud
- Thunderbird Mail
- Brasero Disc Burner
- VLC Media Player
- Pear Contacts
- PPA Manager
Pear OS 8 Download
Pear OS 8 is available for 32bit and 64bit. I’ve used 32bit version in this installation. Click on below links to download Pear OS 8.
- Download pearos8-i386.iso
- Download pearos8-64.iso
Installation of Pear OS 8
1. Boot your system with bootable Pear Media or ISO. In this post we have used Live ISO file
2. Pear OS 8 Live Desktop. Click on CD icon shown in Desktop to start installation
3. Installation started and select Language.
4. Preparing to install Pear OS. You may download updates and add third party software during your install
5. Installation type. Select the appropriate one. It is recommended to use “Erase disk and install Pear” for New Users. Please note this will erase data
6. Time zone settings
7. Keyboard layout settings
8. Fill up user informations.
9. Pear OS getting installed…
10. That’s it. Installation Completed. Eject bootable media and restart system.
11. Login screen.
9 thoughts on “Pear OS 8 Released – Review and Installation Guide with Screenshots”
Had to go to: “http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Pear-Linux-76309.shtml#download” to get version 8
Pear OS was no longer available for download and officially dead, due to some copyright issues..
Its in Version 5. Very misleading
The download links doesn’t work as they continue to download only OS version 5, it was a waste of time downloading the OS, only to find it after installing it was older version. And the desktop appearance is nothing like what you have posted in this article. Any suggestions where I can get the version you have narrated in the article?
Is there a way to upgrade from 7 to 8?
great but pear os is better
It sounds like Elementary Os, but Elementary is better I think
how to install this on uefi ? is it same as above?
its like ubuntu ,
whats a defiant ?