The uGet project team pleased to announced the release of uGet version 1.10.3. The latest version comes with a new application icon, tray icons, logo and support for mirrors feature and many more.
uGet (formerly known ad UrlGfe) is an open source, free and very powerful multi-platform GTK based download manager application was written in C language, that released and licensed under GPL. It offers large collection of features such as resuming downloads, multiple download support, categories support with an independent configuration, clipboard monitoring, download scheduler, import URLs from HTML files, integrated Flashgot plugin with Firefox and download torrent and metalink files using aria2 (a command-line download manager) that integrated with uGet.
I have listed down all the key features of uGet Download Manager in detailed explanation.
Key Features of uGet Download Manager
- Downloads Queue: Place all your downloads into a Queue. As downloads finishes, the remaining queue files will automatically start downloading.
- Resume Downloads: If in case, your network connection disconnected, don’t worry you can start or resume download where it was left.
- Download Categories: Support for unlimited categories to manage downloads.
- Clipboard Monitor: Add the types of files to clipboard that automatically prompt you to download copied files.
- Batch Downloads: Allows you to easily add unlimited number of files at once for downloading.
- Multi-Protocol: Allows you to easily download files through HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, BitTorrent and Metalink using arial2 command-line plugin.
- Multi-Connection: Support for up to 20 simultaneous connections per download using aria2 plugin.
- FTP Login & Anonymous FTP: Added support for FTP login using username and password, as well as anonymous FTP.
- Scheduler: Added support for scheduled downloads, now you can schedule all your downloads.
- FireFox Integration via FlashGot: Integrated FlashGot as an independent supported Firefox extension that handles single or massive selection of files for downloading.
- CLI / Terminal Support: Offers command line or terminal option to download files.
- Folder Auto-Creation: If you have provided the save path for the download, but the save path doesn’t exist, uget will automatically create them.
- Download History Management: Keeps a track of finished download and recycled entries, per list 9,999 files. Entries which are older than the custom limit will be deleted automatically.
- Multi-Language Support: By default uGet uses English, but it support more than 12 languages.
- Aria2 Plugin: uGet integrated with Aria2 plugin to give more user friendly GUI.
If you want to know a complete list of available features, see the official uGet features page.
Install uGet in Ubuntu 12.10/12.04 and Linux Mint 14/13
Open the terminal by hitting “CTRL + ALT + T” and add the official PPA to install the latest version (currently 1.10.3) of uGet.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plushuang-tw/uget-stable $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install uget aria2
Please note, older versions of Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric), Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty), Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) users can also install uGet. but the available version is 1.8.2. If you are looking for updated version (i.e. 1.10.3) you need to upgrade your Ubuntu system.
To start uGet application, from the desktop go to “Dash Home” on search bar type “uget“. Refer below screenshot.
Uget Download Manager Preview
To active the aria2 plugin, from the uGet menu go to Edit –> Settings –> Plug-in tab, check the box that says “Enable arial2 plugin“.
uGet source files and RPM packages also available for other Linux distributions and Windows at download page.