Linux Mint 13 (Maya) Step by Step Installation Guide with Screenshots
This article is our ongoing testing of different flavours of Linux. Here, we are going to see the installation of Linux Mint 13 (Maya) which is based on Ubuntu Linux. Linux Mint first release was on 2006 with named “ada” and latest release is Linux Mint 13 with code name (Maya). Linux mint comes with wide range of application like LibreOffice, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin, GIMP etc.
Default desktop environment is ‘MATE‘ or ‘Cinnamon‘ also available with various desktop like Plasma Desktop and Xfce. Also other desktop environments can be installed via Advanced Packaging Tool (APT).
Visit to know more about Linux Mint 13 (Maya) features.
Download Linux Mint 13 (Maya) DVD ISO’s
Linux Mint 13 (Maya) has been released and you can download from here or follow below links.
Let us begin installation of Linux Mint 13 (Maya). It’s fairly easy to install as it won’t offer a lot of options so you cannot go wrong during installation.
Linux Mint 13 (Maya) Installation Guide
1. Boot Computer with Linux Mint 13 (Maya) Installation CD/DVD or ISO.
2. Welcome screen of Linux Mint 13 (Maya).
3. Preparing to install Linux Mint.
4. Click on Install Linux Mint.
5. Select Language and click on continue.
6. Next Screen shows few requirement like 5.7 GB disk space and internet.
7. Partitioning screen where you can define your own partitions. Best way is to select “Erase disk and install Linux Mint” and click continue.
8. Choose time zone.
9. Select keyboard layout and click continue.
10. Fill information as desired and click on continue.
11. Installation is in process this may take few minutes.
12. Installation completed, eject CD/DVD if any and reboot system.
13. Your Linux Mint system is ready, login with user name and password provided during installation.
14. Linux Mint Cinnamon desktop.
That’s it. Linux Mint 13 is now installed.