How to Sync Cluster Configuration and Verify Failover Setup in Nodes – Part 4

Thilina Uvindasiri

I'm a BSc Special (Hons) graduate in Information Technology and works as an Engineer-Systems. Love to work, explore and research Linux and play rugby as a hobby.

1. vinay says:

I have configured all, but when i try to sync & proceed with next steps i get the below error for all commands

could anyone please help?

thanks in advance.

Vinay

2. vinay says:

After i added “ccs -f cluster.conf –addresource fs name=my_fs device=/dev/mapper/vg1-data_lv mountpoint=/x01 fstype=ext4” I don’t see it added in the cluster.conf file
    also when i run sync i get below error
    [[email protected] cluster]# ccs -h 192.168.0.102 –sync –activate

3. Suraj says:

First of all, I would like to say thanks for providing this wonderful post.

But I got an error message when I was trying to get the status of cluster.

***************************************
    [[email protected] mapper]# clustat
    -bash: clustat: command not found
    ****************************************

• Thilina Uvindasiri says:

Hi Suraj,

This simply says that clustat command package is not installed properly. Try installing it using yum and try again. ;)

4. Rahul Pal says:

I am getting a following error

service cman restart
    Stopping dlm_controld… [ OK ]
    Stopping fenced… [ OK ]
    Stopping cman… [ OK ]
    Unloading kernel modules… [ OK ]
    Unmounting configfs… [ OK ]

5. Shail says:

Hi, this is not working in my case, I am getting error
    ccs -h hostip –checkconf
    “Cluster.conf file specified is not a valid cluster.conf file (use -i to ignore this error)”

service cman start
    Starting cman… Cannot find node name in cluster.conf
    Unable to get the configuration
    Cannot find node name in cluster.conf
    cman_tool: corosync daemon didn’t start Check cluster logs for details

my file is exact replica of your cluster.conf file , please help

• Thilina Uvindasiri says:

Shail,

Did you use IPs or hostnames in the conf? If used hostnames, can u check whether they are resolving correctly?

6. Rahul says:

Does it sync each and every service eg httpd, mysqld etc running on node01 into node02 ??

7. Manikandaprabu S says:

ccs -h 10.44.2.89 –addresource fs name=my_fs device=/dev/mapper/vgcluster-data mountpoint=/ex01 fstype=ext4
    Validation Failure, unable to modify configuration file (use -i to ignore this error).

i’m getting above error . pls help selinux and iptables are disbled

8. anil says:

Wonderfully article is it possible to implement in ubuntu server 14.04 if yes please let me know the link

• Thilina Uvindasiri says:

Hi anil,

Actually I didn’t use this in an Ubuntu environment. Theoretically it should work though. I’ll update you if I had a chace to try.

9. shamal says:

i’m getting above error . pls help

10. sundar says:

Hi, It is a useful post. how the ip address will sync if one node down, if i have a web server.

• Thilina Uvindasiri says:

Hi Sundar,

That’ why we have setup a failover in the begining in case of one node becoming inactive. And since the webservice is synced across the both nodes, webservice won’t be down even if one node becomes down.