NetBeans IDE 7.2 Features
- Significant performance improvements on remote filesystems, faster project scanning, smoother start-up and background project scanning.
- Java Editor enhancements with faster tools
- Added support for JavaFX 2.2 SDK and JavaFX Scene Builder integration.
- Added support for new PHP 5.4 with framework integrated with lots of new editor tools
- Improvements for Java EE developers, includes a JPA code completion and PrimeFaces 3.2.
- Support for Groovy & Grails tools.
- Code assistance and Debugging enhancements in C++ projects and more support added to NetBeans C++.
For more information, features and release change log can be found at official NetBeans IDE announcement page.
This article shows you a step-by-step screenshots on how to install NetBeans IDE 7.2 in RHEL 6.3/6.2/6.1/6/5.8, CentOS 6.3/6.2/6.1/6/5.8 and Fedora 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 systems.
Installing NetBeans IDE 7.2 in RHEL/CentOS 6.3/5.8 and Fedora 18-12
Go to Oracle NetBeans 7.2 download page. Select the suitable version according to your system architecture 32 or 64 bit. The JDK distribution package bundled with NetBeans 7.2 IDE.
Once you’ve downloaded NetBeans 7.2, make it executable by setting execute permission by using the following command.
# chmod +x jdk-7u10-nb-7_2_1-linux-i586-ml.sh OR # chmod +x jdk-7u10-nb-7_2_1-linux-x64-ml.sh
Run the installer and follow the installation steps.
Accept the jUnit License Agreement and click on Next button.
Choose the installation folder for JDK.
Choose the installation folder NetBeans IDE.
Next, click on “Install” button to start installation process. On first NetBeans IDE startup, the installer will download and installs JUnit library.
Preparing and extracing installation data for Base IDE.
Installing Base IDE.
Completing NetBeans IDE installation process.
Installation completed successfully. Click on “Finish” button.
To launch the NetBeans IDE, use the Desktop launcher or use the following command to start it.
NetBeans 7.2 IDE running on CentOS 6.3
Uninstalling NetBeans IDE 7.2 in RHEL/CentOS 6.3/5.8 and Fedora 18-12
If in case, you would like to uninstall the NetBeans IDE from the system, use the following commands and procedures.
# cd /usr/local/netbeans-7.2.1 # uninstall.sh
If you want to uninstall NetBeans IDE completely with their directories, check-box the “NetBeans install directory” and “NetBeans user directory“. Click Uninstall.
Uninstalling NetBeans IDE.
Click “Finish” to complete the Uninstall process.
Latest posts by Ravi Saive (see all)
- 10 Useful Free Linux eBooks for Newbies and Administrators - December 9, 2013
- TeamViewer 9 Released – Install on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora and Debian/Ubuntu - December 8, 2013
- CentOS 6.5 Released – Upgrade from CentOS 6.x to CentOS 6.5 - December 2, 2013
Linux Services & Free WordPress Setup
Our post is simply ‘DIY’ aka ‘Do It Yourself, still you may find difficulties and want us to help you out. We offer wide range of Linux and Web Hosting Solutions at fair minimum rates. Please submit your orders by Clicking Here.