Finally, CentOS team is very happy to announce their immediate availability of world class enterprise Linux distribution CentOS 6.4 for i386 and x86_64 architectures. This release was their forth update in the 6.x series and comes with lot of updates, new functionalists and lot of bug fixes.
This newly released CentOS 6.4 is based on upstream release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 and involves packages from all variants and ensure that users don’t feel much complex operating system when it comes to installation. All upstream repositories are linked into one to make the things much easier for end users to work with.
There are many essential feature and changes in this release as compared to earlier version of CentOS and I highly recommend you all to read the announcement and release notes about the changes.
If you are looking to upgrade from your currently running CentOS 6.x to CentOS 6.4, then simple read our following article that describes you how to upgrade to latest 6.4 version.
CentOS 6.4 Highlights
- Added support for Microsoft Hyper-V drivers to allow CentOS to be more effective when installed on Microsoft Hyper-V server.
- Upgraded samba4 libraries (samba4-libs) to latest version to improve interoperability with AD (Active Directory) domains.
- If you were upgrading from earlier CentOS 6.3 to latest CentOS 6.4 version and you have Samba package in use, make sure you must remove it to avoid conflicts during upgrade process.
- Since CentOS 6.3 matahari is deprecated. But now CentOS 6.4 adds one more last update that will remove matahari completely. To make sure all matahari files are removed run ‘yum remove matahari*‘ after upgrading to 6.4.
- iasl, dev86 and qemu-quest-agent tools have been added for i386 architecture only.
13 thoughts on “CentOS 6.4 Released – Download DVD ISO Images”
for 32 bit operating system which torrent i have to download
For 32-bit system, download CentOS-6.4-i386-bin-DVD1to2.torrent file..
Hi ravi, I want to ask you. You know I want to install CentOS and Debian on other devices, but I am a little confused because there are two DVDs.
For an example:
Do I have to install both or just DVD1 only ?, you know like DebianOs Having Installations of up to 3 DVD+ 2 DVD Update For DVD1&2 . What should I do? and tell me why.
And Sorry for my bad English :D
The first DVD1 is enough for CentOS installation, the second DVD2 contains extra software packages and don’t think that you needed them..if needed later, just do yum to get it..
My system configuration are as foolows:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 Ghz
RAM 2.00 GB (1.89 GB Usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Please suggest which of the above one to choose for installation.
Thanks in advance.
I interested full knowledge of cent OS or Ubuntu can you help me?
am unable to download Cent OS software… check on this
Added working links, check again..
I would like to know how to install all the package on the dvd 2
I have downloaded ISO file you mentioned, I burnt to a disk but its not working. i am unable to install. it say EDD: Error 8000 reading sector 2024330.
no deafult or UI configuration directive found
I think the error something related to your hardware. Please check the below link for solution.
i want to download the cent os, iso file,
My system configuration is
Processor : Intel(R) core I3, 3.3G.Hz
ram :4 gg
in the above, which file i download?
Download first two links of i386 architecture.