google-drive-ocamlfuse is a FUSE-based file system written in Ocaml, which makes it possible to mount Google Drive on Linux Systems.
- Gives full read/write access to ordinary files/folders.
- Provides read-only access to Google Docs, sheets and slides.
- Access to Trash (.trash) Directory.
- Duplicate file handling.
- Support for multiple accounts.
Installation of google-drive-ocamlfuse on Linux
1. Google-drive-ocamlfuse tool can be easily installed on Ubuntu 15.04, 14.10, 14.04, etc. and it’s derivatives by adding a PPA repository.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alessandro-strada/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install google-drive-ocamlfuse
On Archlinux, you can easily install google-drive-ocamlfuse from the AUR package.
$ yaourt -S google-drive-ocamlfuse
For most of other Linux distributions, you have to compile it from source using following commands.
2. If you are running a different Linux distribution, you must compile it from source, for this you must have OPAM (an OCaml package manager) installed on the system.
$ sudo apt-get install ocaml camlp4-extra
Note: If the above process reports that OPAM could not be installed, as it is not provided by any package for your distribution, you have to compile and install it using following commands.
$ git clone https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam.git $ cd opam $ ./configure $ make $ sudo make install
3. Next install the C tools and libraries: m4, curl, fuse, and sqlite3. These dependencies packages are must installed on the system, in order to compile the executable. If you are using a .deb based distribution, you can easily install these libraries using following command.
$ sudo apt-get install m4 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libfuse-dev libsqlite3-dev
4. Once all above needed dependencies are installed, start and update the OPAM.
$ opam init $ opam update
5. Now it’s time to install google-drive-ocamlfuse.
$ opam install google-drive-ocamlfuse
Usage of Google-drive-ocamlfuse
6. Firstly, you need to authorize google-drive-ocamlfuse with your Google account by running following command.
As soon as you fire the above command, a page will open in default web browser and it will ask you to authorize and allow google-drive-ocamlfuse to access your Google Drive with your Google account. Enter your Email and Password.
7. Once you logged into your Google account, you need to accept the term and services.
8. You are asked to enter your Password once again.
9. Allow and give permission to application gdfuse OAuth2 to access your Google account.