10. Now create a mount point say google-drive in your home directory and mount as:
$ mkdir ~/google-drive $ google-drive-ocamlfuse ~/google-drive
You may check the mount point and disk space usages of your mounted Google Drive using df command as shown below.
If you have more than one account, you can run use following command.
$ google-drive-ocamlfuse -label label [mountpoint]
The label options is used to distinguish different accounts under directory
~/.gdfuse/label to host configuration, application state, and file cache.
Do remember no files are shared among different accounts, so that you can have a different configuration for each Google account.
11. To unmount the Google Drive, you have to run:
$ fusermount -u ~/google-drive
For more options and help, run google-drive-ocamlfuse -help command to get all the available commands and switches.
Mount Google Drive Automatically in Linux
You may mount more than one drive at a time and also mount Google drive automatically at boot.
12. create a shell script gdfuse in the directory /usr/bin as root, with the below content.
#!/bin/bash su $USERNAME -l -c "google-drive-ocamlfuse -label $1 $*" exit 0
13. Make it executable.
# chmod 755 /usr/bin/gdfuse
14. Create mountpoint say /mnt/gdrive and give ownership to user ‘avi‘.
# mkdir /mnt/gdrive # chown avi.avi /mnt/gdrive
15. Next, open and edit file /etc/fstab and add below line at the bottom. Save and exit.
gdfuse#default /mnt/gdrive fuse uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0
Take extra care of ‘uid‘ and ‘gid‘. Change it as user’s uid and gid.
16. To mount the google drive now, run:
# mount /mnt/gdrive
For more information about how to include and use multiple Google accounts, see the google-drive-ocamlfuse wiki.
That’s all for now. Installing from source is not a big deal as well and it is pretty straight forward, as tested on Debian. What you think about the project and its setup. Also there is no answer from Google on official Drive client even after 3 years, so what do you think. Is Google Drive Ocamlfuse a life savior? Please let us know your valuable thought in the comments below.