Installation of “CentOS 7.0″ with Screenshots

3. Get your own self-hosted blog with a Free Domain at ($3.95/month).

Matei Cezar

I'am a computer addicted guy, a fan of open source and linux based system software, have about 4 years experience with Linux distributions desktop, servers and bash scripting.

1. Suraj says:

What is the command to get GUI after the successful local host login?

2. suman says:

Thanks a lot admin, I have installed successfully, it’s a very helpful content for newbie

3. Ken Vamenta says:

I want to setup and configure Zimbra Collaboration Suite in CentOS 7 but I’m confused what CentOS image I will choose if it’s DVD iso, Everything iso or Minimal iso. Please give me the right iso I will download. Thank you.

4. Clark says:

@ravi Sir, its recommended to chose minimal or basic web server? i want to build a webserver (LAMP)for my website

5. Shubham says:

I want to install Linux in my usb (pendrive), i want to use it live please suggest me how can i use that?

@Shubham,

Its simple, during installation drive selection, give your USB drive location..

• Matei Cezar says:

Use unbootin to create a bootable USB drive with a live ISO Linux distro (CentOS is not a live linux distro) or Rufus to create bootable live USB for UEFI compatible machines. Instaling directly to a portable USB instead of a fixed Hard Drive will mess things out (MBR stage one bootloader/ GPT) and can render your machine unable to boot.

6. Sammeer says:

Hi Cezar,

I will give it a go on a windows 7 a machine. One question though will it create a dual-boot system after following all your steps?

I have prepared a USB with UNITBOOTIN!

Will update you on status! :)

7. suman bogati says:

How do I remove window 7 and install centos?

8. Matei Cezar says:

Are you trying to perform the installation directly on laptop or in a virtual machine inside the laptop? Does it throws you any errors whatsoever? what’s you machine resources in terms of RAM, CPU and HDD?